Need some help with wiring and fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list

DaveVT
10+ year member

Like A Boss
VT
I need to know where I should put fuses and what rating. Im running a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1. I have a Kinetic HC1400 under the hood and am putting a HC600 in the trunk.

Heres a paint image of what I think I should do. Let me know if I am right. Wiring is 0/1 gauge. Please let me know if I can go with smaller such as 4 gauge. ALSO if I cant use 4 gauge can I run zero from front batt to the back one and then to the distro block and then 4 gauge to the amp?

11r5ehc.png

Thats what the purple dots are for. One by the front and one by the rear battery. I just dont know what amp fuse to use. Also can I use 4 gauge or is 0 recommended?

ALSO FFS where the hell can I buy grommets for 0 gauge knu wire?. I cant find the **** things anywhere...

fuse power wire within 18" of any battery connection to the positive terminal. the reason is to protect wires from short circuit and over current. short circuit protects the battery, over current protects the wire.

you'll have two fuses in the trunk.

size the fuse for teh wire. if you have 4awg, go with 125A fuses, 1/0 can be around 250A (depending on the actual type of wire as CCA wire has lower ampacity than true CU wire).

streetwires has a nice 1/0 firewall grommet.

Are 120-125a fuses fine for the inlines?. If not I ordered the wrong **** ones last week....

Also can I buy just the grommet from streetwires?

Also I got 120a for the distro block is that ok?

I ordered the grommets from streetwires for 0 gauge. I also ordered some 200 amp anl fuses for the in line holders. I still have the 120's for the distro block though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.