Need some help,amp and box won't stop sliding around in my trunk

TheCandyMan
10+ year member

MI
I have a 2000 Grand Prix GT and i got 1 12in L7 in a ported box and i will soon have a amp within' the next 24hours. The other amp i had hooked up tho kept sliding all over the dang place and my wires kept getting ripped out. What would you reccomend i use to keep it still and in one spot? ANYTHING that will not create more rattling when i'm bumpin will do. HELPPP??

BOLT IT DOWN! if you get in a wreck that thing is coming right through the seat back. anybody see the fifth gear episode where they did this? even a tool box in the back went off like a grenade in a wreck, destroyed the seat back and sprayed tools everywhere. that speaker box weighs a lot more then a toolbox. most interesting was where it hit the drivers seat and mangled it. remember the laws of physics.

BOLT IT DOWN! if you get in a wreck that thing is coming right through the seat back. anybody see the fifth gear episode where they did this? even a tool box in the back went off like a grenade in a wreck, destroyed the seat back and sprayed tools everywhere. that speaker box weighs a lot more then a toolbox. most interesting was where it hit the drivers seat and mangled it. remember the laws of physics.
yeah i had 2 10in solox's in 1inch thick double ported box and got hit by an old lady from the back getting on the expressway and my box literly BROKE THREW my backseat like barely. If the box was a little lighter it probably would of went all the way threw and fuuuuucked me allll up.

I mounted my amp to my box, slid the box all the way against the seat, and cut a board to fit up against the box to the back of the trunk. Doesn't budge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.