2015 GMC Sierra Crew help

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrentL

Hi all, I'm looking for some help with the design / install of a small system in my new truck. It is a non Bose with 8in touch screen. What I want to do is add a small 5 channel amp, replace the factory door speakers, and keep the stock head unit. This is a small budget build, I already have a set of Alpine spr - 60's for the read doors and spr -60 c's (components) for the front door. Will probably run one 10 in sub under rear seat. My concern is about that **** door chime.. I understand it gets even louder when you amplify it. Has anyone come up with a way to get rid of it? What I'm wondering about is if anyone has left the stock head unit powering the dash speakers, they would still add some fill but wouldn't get a louder chime right? Also, if we feed the front door speakers with the rear door source, would that keep the chime out of the door speakers? Does using the back door source screw up anything with the hands free / steering wheel controls? And last, what to use to connect the stock hu to the amp? I was thinking about an Lc7i, but open to other ideas. Sorry for all of the questions, I just keep getting different suggestions from the local shops. Thanks in advance for any help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.