Need some guidance on picking speakers/amp/stuff

Participant count
  • Participant list

GHOSTOWLGRID
10+ year member

Earth
I posted here because Its an overall system I'm needing help with making.

Hope thats ok.

Car is a 1987 Cadillac Brougham.

I have a really good factory head unit which I would like to keep, mostly because I plant to keep it looking original.

My question is, I want to buy some good speakers and an amp, maybe I won't need an amp?

I am looking to get descent bass out of the rear 6x9 with good clear sound, and good clear sound out of the from 4x6.

I'm not sure what the factory ohm's or power capabilities are.

My speakers are worn, however the new factory head unit is not and works great.

What are your suggestions?

I saw these 6x9, any good?

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-A6996R-650W-5-Way-Speakers/dp/B014XQ48WC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1459812168&sr=8-6&keywords=pioneer+6x9

(I'm not looking for big bass, but I'm looking for something descent for a 6x9, moderatly loud and good but not like BOOM like my previous car had with two 12" subs).

I also saw these for the front 4x6, thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-A4676R-3-Way-Speaker-Set/dp/B014Z7IOGA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1459813059&sr=8-3&keywords=PIONEER+4x6

As far as an amp, I am looking for an amp that can take the 4 factory head unit channels and give me 4 powered outputs that can drive my new speakers.

I know RCA and a custom head unit will be better, however I do not wish to change the head unit, keeping the original look.

Plus I plan to hide the amp and the speakers behind the factory body parts of the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.