Need some feedback on a potential home setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

geolad

So, first things first im thinking about running an xbox 200watt power supply from one outlet to an amp/ subwoofer combo seen here. Rockville RV12.1A 600w 12" Loaded Car Subwoofer Enclosure+Mono Amplifier+Amp Kit | eBay I think the xbox power supply should be just about what the sub can handle being 200 rms. I also already own a samsung sound system called the mx-j630 which doesnt have an amp or anything and plugs into the wall, but im wondering if i can have both the subwoofer and the samsung giga sound system plugged in at the same time and run in the same room, and whether or not i have to plug them into separate outlets; While running an rca to aux from BOTH samsung And subwoofer/amp and plugging BOTH aux cables into an aux splitter to make it one aux out. and then to top it off i might get an aux to bluetooth dongle seen here to better visualize it https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-adapter-black/5294033.p?skuId=5294033&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=2ea97bfc-19e3-43f4-8094-789354de3f64&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg199033&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

WILL THIS WORK?

So, first things first im thinking about running an xbox 200watt power supply from one outlet to an amp/ subwoofer combo seen here. Rockville RV12.1A 600w 12" Loaded Car Subwoofer Enclosure+Mono Amplifier+Amp Kit | eBay I think the xbox power supply should be just about what the sub can handle being 200 rms. I also already own a samsung sound system called the mx-j630 which doesnt have an amp or anything and plugs into the wall, but im wondering if i can have both the subwoofer and the samsung giga sound system plugged in at the same time and run in the same room, and whether or not i have to plug them into separate outlets; While running an rca to aux from BOTH samsung And subwoofer/amp and plugging BOTH aux cables into an aux splitter to make it one aux out. and then to top it off i might get an aux to bluetooth dongle seen here to better visualize it https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-adapter-black/5294033.p?skuId=5294033&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=2ea97bfc-19e3-43f4-8094-789354de3f64&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg199033&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2WILL THIS WORK?
sounds like a horrible mess that will be weak, sound like cr@p and no where near the hassle

All that money you were thinking of spending should just go to this sub instead. It'll cost roughly the same but get way louder and sound way better. if you want massive bass and have 200 dollars, the 15 inch version of this dayton sub is pretty good as well as the polk psw505 sub

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sub-1200-12-120-watt-powered-subwoofer--300-629

that rockville package is garbage.

To answer your question, the giga sound center control thing is a technically a receiver and amp and it'll send signal and power to your speakers. To get both running, the dayton sub i recommended has a high level speaker input so you hook the speaker leads from the gigaworks reciever into the sub's high level inputs and your sub will have signal. On the high level output hook those to your speakers will still get the same power and both will be playing at the same time.

Qvh9Hr.jpg

So does this daytone sub have a powersupply, and an amp installed in it, and just a plug in the wall package? And also the ends of the samsung speaker wires have a plug in connection and would have to be cut and im not sure if that would be worth it. also this sub only have 120 watts compared to the other subwoofer with 200watts rms, wouldnt that make the day tan quieter?

You don't go by watts of a power supply. You go by voltage and amperage. Cutting the wires of the samsung and plugging it in is harder than running a power supply, cutting the end off, running a power, ground and remote turn on, getting a usb to aux cable, then an aux splitter, then plugging them both in. Then cutting the speaker wire to run to the sub. Then hoping there is no delay between the stereo and the sub..... You're right, cutting a wire does seem overly complicated especially when you'll get relatively guaranteed results. You need a 12-14v 20 amp power supply to run that amp/sub combo

Well i know my xbox powersupply is a 12 volt 16.5 amp supply if that clears anything up; which i intend on only using to power the amp/subwoofer which should be enough. The samsung system already has a plug in the wall setup so i was planning on plugging them in separate (as in 2 "different" outlets). The samsung is all on its own and doesnt require a power supply hense why i would just plug the whole SAMSUNG system into a seperate outlet instead of wiring just the 2 little speakers into the amp along with the sub, i intead on just powering the amp/sub with the 12v 16.5a psu, and plugging in the samsung prebuilt sytem INTO THE WALL (the psu will also be plugged into the wall powering the amp, again i dont need to hook up the samsung up with the same amp and if i did i dont know if it would be underpowered or not, it has one built in and is just a plug in the wall setup...)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.