Need S'more Kick out of my components.

dirtydog
10+ year member

N/A
As of right now I have MB Quart Q-6.5's running off a JL450/4 amp.

The MB's have a real strong midrange and are super smooth and clear, but the bass kick is lacking?? I have read numerous times that these have a bit more kick than most, however, I listened to some Focal K2P's and those things hit me in the side for midbass. They were in a different vehicle with a diff amp and had 1200sq/ft of Dynamat Xtreme in it(Nissan xterra)His speakers were in stock locations in the doors.

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram QuadCab

2 layers of Dynamat on outside door skins. One layer on inside skin. Woofers are in stock door location with angle modification. Woofers are pointing upwards slightly and facing the center console arm rest(Aimed towards the center portion of the front cab)

I have a complete set of QSD213's but they aren't going to help me being 5.25".

Any ideas? I want something other than a MB Q-hater to respond please...lol Thanks

are the factory holes completely sealed off in the doors? I know on my F150. I have big gapping factory holes in mine, I deadened it and left the big holes, went back and deadened some more and sealed the holes, and it made a werld of difference. I admit that I didnt know what I was doing at first. Also, what is your HP set at?

Small?? Those are 6 3/4" q's in the doors.

I had polk DB 6x9's but they were just alright, nothing like the MB's. 6x9's will never give the same sound as a round speaker, especially if they are coaxial which most are.

What do you guys think about Dynaudio 8" components? Do they have kick?

BlackFx4, how are those Pioneer PRS's?

The only issue is mounting depth at that point. The glass is super close. Nothing more than 3" can do. Then add a 1/2" spacer that makes 3.5" max.

I have a Pheonix Gold 8v Line driver. i cannot even get the gains on that up to 75% without the speakers beginning to sound all distorted.

How would i wire up the 450/4 to them? The front channels are 150w and the rear 2 are 75w. Do I give the woofers the 150w and tweets the 75w?

I honestly not too sure on this on

How are the Dynaudio 3way components? WIll those give me good midbass?

I have 2-10" Infinity Perfect running off a JBL/Crown BPX1100.1 amp. Those are super clean, but are x'd at 50hz so you can't pin point the bass.

eI appreciate all your help guys. i have been doing search after search after search....ugghhh.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc86/rfoker/Truck/DSCI0630.jpg[/img]"]

Small?? Those are 6 3/4" q's in the doors.I had polk DB 6x9's but they were just alright, nothing like the MB's. 6x9's will never give the same sound as a round speaker, especially if they are coaxial which most are.

What do you guys think about Dynaudio 8" components? Do they have kick?

BlackFx4, how are those Pioneer PRS's?
I absolutely love them. These components are really known for their midbass. My subs have been disconnected for over a week(waiting on new amp) and I can honestly say I've been fine without them. That feeling in your chest that you were refering to with the midbass, these put it out beautifully with only 80rms going to each side. I have the mids HPassed at 60hz with no problems or distortion. Eventually I want to get a 4 channel@100 per channel so I can send these more power. Some say the tweeters with these components are a little harsh, But I like them just fine.

Tweet's can't be harsher than my Q's????....lol

WHat are your thought on the Dynaudio 8" components? Are they too smooth or do they kick with authority?

Tweet's can't be harsher than my Q's????....lol
WHat are your thought on the Dynaudio 8" components? Are they too smooth or do they kick with authority?
Never heard them and don't know anything about them to be honest. They look nice. I saw a pair of their tweets that I considered getting. But, that's pretty much all I know about them.

have you tried putting one of the mids out of phase ?
Yes. I'm actually right in the middle of applying a 3rd layer of Dynamat inside the doors and changing the adapter plate/mount that I currently have. I will double check polarity with a half dead AA battery just to make sure I have correct polarities as I have spliced into the factory wiring just before it goes into the door. (Chrysler has those quick disconnects to take the door off and there are no empty holes to drill through) It's temporoary until I figure out what the heck is going on.

So i removed the woofers and put in my old POLK DB 6x9's and OMFG those things F'en BUMP! Nothing close to Q's as far as Clarity, but I did notice that my 4 channel RCA's were reversed from front to rear at my line driver...hmmmm????? It's too late today to swap everything back out again to make sure that wasn't a problem since i have pulled those offf several times trying to decipher if I had a pinched wire for the Pass side as the ouput seemed low. I concluded it was imaging that was making it seem like that since I have just my F90bt HU for EQ settings(blows)

Cuz' I didn't hook up my Pioneer 9200 yet.

ANyways. that's my update.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.