Need component/mid range help

Participant count
  • Participant list

stalephotograph
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i just got around to installing my diamond audio components and coaxials in my car. my problem is, my front component set is a 1" tweeter which is mounted in the stock location w/ a 6.5" woofer. the coaxials are 4" which i have mounted in the front doors, and the 6.5" woofer had to be placed in the rear doors. i dont like how it sounds, and was wondering if anyone had a lead on some nice decently priced 4" woofers that i could place in the front.

theres really no good way to get the 6.5's up front. the speakers mount to the door panel, and there isnt much structure to the door skin. the oem speaker grill on the panel would block a good amount of the 6.5 woofer as its made for a 4".

audis are the only cars ive messed w/ where the speakers are mounted to the door panel instead of the door itself.

You'll be able to find some midrange drivers that might work but you'll be missing midbass. I think it's time to start thinking about what you can do to overcome the limitations of your stock interior. After all if you're already detecting the problem that you've caused by installing your components in a way that they weren't really meant to be used, you'll soon realize that some sort of fabwork is the solution. Not looking for the magic 4 inch woofer that will solve all your problems. Find a way to fit 6.5 up front. Time to cut.

i looked around deeper and guys are fitting 5.25 drivers in the front doors but no 6.5, just no room w/ out hacking the door panel all to **** and pretty much ruining it. kick panels are out of the question as i do not want to lose foot room or worry about my passenger kicking the hell out of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.