Need options for new set up that I can afford!!!!

bobert123

Hey so I am running 2 10" Kicker comp R subwoofers on a 1200watt kicker cx amp with a ported enclosure. They are dope but I want louder bass! I was looking at doing a single sundown X2 12" that takes 1250 watts rms so i could keep my amp and be more cost effective or getting 2 12" Alpine type S. But thats all so I can keep my amp and don't have to buy an new one. But I'm open for options here so help me with a set up!

Two sundown SA 12s is hard to beat in terms of bang for your buck (most people hit upper 130s/low 140s on RMS power, mid 140s on higher than RMS power). If you can't fit two 12s then two SA 10s should still be pretty loud

If your not changing the amp then you best bet would be a custom ported box Just changing to different subs. Prolly won't be any better than what you got now

If your not changing the amp then you best bet would be a custom ported box Just changing to different subs. Prolly won't be any better than what you got now
Agreed. Same power, less cone area won't get you where you want to be. If you're going to upgrade, do it right for a real difference. More power, better subs, and a custom box. I think a single 15" off 2kW in the right box will be where you want to be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.