What sub woofer would you pick?

Hi,

I have 3 different sub woofers:

PYLE PL1290BL DVC 1200 Watt 250 RMS 12Inch

JBL GTO 1214 SVC 1400Watt 350RMS 12Inch

NeXt 350Watt RMS SVC 12Inch sub woofer

(I dont know the max wattage for this sub)

I picked the JBL sub for £15 as I thought it was a bargin but now I am stuck as I have 3 sub woofers and a Pioneer GMA-5602 900 Watt AMP but dont know which sub woofer to put on it. I currently have the NeXt sub woofer on it and its doing the job well but if there is a better sub woofer from these three then I would rather have 1 of them on the AMP. Which one would you pick and why?

Also, Is there any way I can power the JBL sub woofer as well as the NeXt sub woofer together as then I can get 700 Watts RMS? They both have 4 OHMS and a SVC. I know they will both be under powered however they would still produce more bass than a single 350 watt sub right?

Thank you. Will pick best answer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There is no good answer to this. On any audio forum, where people kind of take this over the top serious, you will get shunned for the question. Can you run both subs? Yes, of course you can. Whether or not it will have the results your looking for is up to you. If you feel you must, i would run them both sealed in seperate chambers. If it sounds good to you then run it. If it sounds bad or lacks output, nothing but a little time lost. Post an add locally wanting to trade on for a matching sub to the other. Maybe you will get lucky.

Hi,
I have 3 different sub woofers:

PYLE PL1290BL DVC 1200 Watt 250 RMS 12Inch

JBL GTO 1214 SVC 1400Watt 350RMS 12Inch

NeXt 350Watt RMS SVC 12Inch sub woofer

(I dont know the max wattage for this sub)

I picked the JBL sub for £15 as I thought it was a bargin but now I am stuck as I have 3 sub woofers and a Pioneer GMA-5602 900 Watt AMP but dont know which sub woofer to put on it. I currently have the NeXt sub woofer on it and its doing the job well but if there is a better sub woofer from these three then I would rather have 1 of them on the AMP. Which one would you pick and why?

Also, Is there any way I can power the JBL sub woofer as well as the NeXt sub woofer together as then I can get 700 Watts RMS? They both have 4 OHMS and a SVC. I know they will both be under powered however they would still produce more bass than a single 350 watt sub right?

Thank you. Will pick best answer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Run the JBL. You're not in a bad position, but there's a price to pay if you do research after pulling the trigger. You're paying this price now by having equipment you can't use. Maybe one of your friends will want to get into car audio and you can sell/gift one of the subs as a starter. Most people don't start with great gear anyway, so don't worry about it. Do run the JBL. Nice ported box should make you happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.