Need opinions to questions about Big 3, Battery, HO Alternator, Amp Kit, etc.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right now I have 2 Kicker CompVR 15s on a Kicker ZX1500.1 Amp.. I am currently in the process of redoing my entire system with the exception of the amp. I am leaning towards 2 SoundQubed 15s and I'm getting a custom box built. My next step is my electrical system.

My first question is about the Big 3 upgrade. When I perform the big three upgrade, should I use 0 gauge wire and should I replace the currently wire or run it alongside the current wire.

My next question is about a battery. I want to add an extra battery to the system but I'm not sure what kind of battery I should add. I have heard that the Optima batteries aren't very good and I have also heard that it is good to have two of the same batteries.

Also, if I upgrade my alternator, how many amps should it be.

Lastly, I wanted to know what kind of amp kit I should use. I currently have 4 gauge wire ran. I don't know if its true 4 gauge wire or not. But I have heard that my amp is probably starving for power with the 4 gauge.

Please keep in mind that I am not trying to be in competition, I am looking for a great pounding system in an everyday vehicle. I'm not necessarily on a budget but I'm not trying to spend too much.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks..

First, yes the big 3 should be in 1/0 same as your amp kit. As far as batteries Sam's club. And last your h/o altanator... here I'd go as big as you can afford. You'll want more at some point and this is expensive to keep replacing ( get a known brand tho. Stinger. Ext.)Do your research.

Yes rip out that 4ga and use 0..dont remove any wire just add 0 for the big 3 and as far as batteries the duracell agms from sams are what i suggest too ..id get 1 for under the hood then a g31 for the rear ..and i wouldnt waste my money on a ho alt at that power ..save the money until u decide to dbl the power

Yes rip out that 4ga and use 0..dont remove any wire just add 0 for the big 3 and as far as batteries the duracell agms from sams are what i suggest too ..id get 1 for under the hood then a g31 for the rear ..and i wouldnt waste my money on a ho alt at that power ..save the money until u decide to dbl the power
Any particular type of wire or brand of wire that you would suggest for the Big 3 upgrade?

Any particular type of wire or brand of wire that you would suggest for the Big 3 upgrade?
I have 3 types in my car ...audio technix ,knu , diyma, if i were buying again it would be shok even the cca is superior to others on the market

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Buy enough to do the whole car..id advise at least a 50ft spool

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.