No Sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

spike1269

Hello All, I have had my system in my car for about a year. Different subs and amps, I have never had an issue. My sub just stopped working the about two weeks ago. I have tested my power, I'm getting about 13Volts on the battery lead with the car not running. I'm getting 12.5Volts on the remote wire. I'm using the Ground wire to check these connections for power. All seems well, still no sound. I have swapped out the Sub re-wired from the Amp to the sub, no sound. I have replaced the amp. Still now sound. I swapped the head unit, still no sound. The only thing left was the RCA's just ran an external set outside the car and still no sound. The sub out on the recv. is on, the amp has power, new wires to the sub and still nothing. I have tested both sub and they work. I'm lost please help!! Thanks in advance:)

I thought the same thing. Two different subs. Im trying to get another sub to try now.
Stop buying stuff, and do the things I just told you to do. If it makes a scratchy noise then its coil rub = almost dead sub. If it cannot even be pushed down then its either a blown coil or shifted magnet = guaranteed dead sub.

If you can push the cone down normally without any issue then its something wrong in your connections or one of your power/ground/subwoofer wires are burnt.

I can push on the sub, No scratchy noise. The sub preferms normally. I havent been buying anything. I Have wired comp systems. thank you for your attempt to help. I am by no way a noob at this. Im getting 14 votls with car running at the battery lead. Im getting almost 13 volts on the remote wire. The ground goes to the seat belt bolt. I was just letting you know that I have tried more than one sub. I have swapped the Amp with my cousins amp pulled from his working system.I pulled the Sub from its box, it dont smell burnt it moves correctly, I have swapped the head unit. All looks and test perfect. This is the reason I posted on this forum.

Well thanks for the help. It was two different subs both Blown, No smell No damage that you can see or feel. Just dead. Thanks again.
If you use a multimeter and measure the resistance of each coil what do they read?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.