Need new subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

alvogel122

My Pioneer Champion Series PRO TS-W3003D4 blew out the other day which leaves me with my whole setup except a sub. I still have a Soundqubed S1-1250 in the back of my car and looking for a new subwoofer, potentially an upgrade. I'm very interested in the Soundqubed HDS3.2 12 inch woofer but I am not so certain as to whether or not my amp will be able to push that woofer the way it's meant to be pushed. Any new subwoofer suggestions or clarification on the HDS3.2 combo would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Look for something in the 500-700w power handling range for that amp.
With my current (now old I suppose) setup, I had my system wired down to 2 ohms which pushed around 860w RMS to the subwoofer, and ideally, I'd like to keep that same setup. So a DVC 4 ohm sub, but I am wondering about which subs are out there that are a good bang for your buck.

With my current (now old I suppose) setup, I had my system wired down to 2 ohms which pushed around 860w RMS to the subwoofer, and ideally, I'd like to keep that same setup. So a DVC 4 ohm sub, but I am wondering about which subs are out there that are a good bang for your buck.

You should wire to 1 ohm because after impedance rise you will be at 3-4 ohms which is around 500-600w on that amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.