Need new speakers to match subs...

So I recently upgraded my subwoofers in my car, but now the bass drowns out the mids and the highs. I have already spent my entire budget on the subs, so I cannot affor the absolute best. I just need something that can keep up with 2 15" Obsidians and a PPI BK1300.1D amp. First off I do not know what size the speakers in my car are (2000 Ford Taurus SES). And when it comes to indoor speakers I don't know much about brands or anything...where should I start?

So I recently upgraded my subwoofers in my car, but now the bass drowns out the mids and the highs. I have already spent my entire budget on the subs, so I cannot affor the absolute best. I just need something that can keep up with 2 15" Obsidians and a PPI BK1300.1D amp. First off I do not know what size the speakers in my car are (2000 Ford Taurus SES). And when it comes to indoor speakers I don't know much about brands or anything...where should I start?
You got pm

I found Fosgate P1572 5x7's that I think will be perfect. I will get a 200watt amp for them and I think this should be sufficient...in the Taurus is it 5x7 in both front and back? And will these keep up with my bass?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Fosgate P1572 5x7's that I think will be perfect. I will get a 200watt amp for them and I think this should be sufficient...in the Taurus is it 5x7 in both front and back? And will these keep up with my bass?
I'd switch over to 6.5" components

What are they going for now? And which kit? I got the fb pro for under 250
Well mine were $310 shipped. I still think they were worth it. They wanted like $280 shipped for the non pro's.

Must be nice to be able to price per order and not have a listed price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.