Bass knob

Participant count
  • Participant list

macsdad
10+ year member

boom-boom
As I post this, I know it sounds crazy, but; as has been stated, I have a saz1500v3, I was hesitant to attach the bass knob. The other day I put it in. Thing is, it sounds much better with it attached, there is a noticable difference. I have the gain on the amp at about 90%, before the knob, the gain was at half. The gain knob only has to be at maybe 25% to acheive the same output. Is this strange?

As I post this, I know it sounds crazy, but; as has been stated, I have a saz1500v3, I was hesitant to attach the bass knob. The other day I put it in. Thing is, it sounds much better with it attached, there is a noticable difference. I have the gain on the amp at about 90%, before the knob, the gain was at half. The gain knob only has to be at maybe 25% to acheive the same output. Is this strange?
no its not strange ,most of the korean amps do this both my dc amps and my vfl amps are the same way

Thanx, jim. jar1, I am not saying anything about whether or not there is enough power. The gain knob is set lower with same response as when the amp's gain was higher-50% on amp, 25-30% with knob. And yes, there is plenty of power, now it sounds like I thought it should. Great combo, dc lvl 4 m2 with a saz1500v3 murders the lows, but dam, that blue light is BRIGHT, might take a sharpie to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.