Need new Double Din. Help me out guys

528hz
10+ year member

Everything'sMiscellaneous
Alright, so I sold my Eclipse AVN6600 and now I'm on the hunt for a new one. Here are my criteria for this HU:

-must have a turning knob for volume control (this is the most important characteristic)

-must be iPod/user friendly and preferably controls as close to the iPod itself.

-does NOT necessarily have to have NAV, but must play DVDs.

-great EQ

-cost between $6-800 ( I may go higher, but lets just stick with these numbers for now) new or used, doesn't matter

Any suggestions from any of you guys?

I'm selling my 1month old practically brand new eclipse avn-6620 for dirt cheap but u dont want eclipse;\
Nope, or I would have just kept the one I have.

After searching around quite a bit, I don't know what to do. I don't think there is any DDs out there that meet all of my criteria. Especially with a knob, Nav, and good EQ.

I guess now my main focus is to have a good EQ, DVD, and the turning knob.

Anyone got anything in this perameter?

Sorry man. I dont know of any with all that stuff. If you dont need the DVD playability pioneer makes a nice double din HU...

Yeah, thanks for at least chimming in. I think I may have decided on a Pioneer AVIC D3, but I'm confused as to if it plays DVD movie.

Does anyone know if the D3 will play movies? If so, I'm off to order one. It's got a 7 band EQ, turn knob, Nav and iPod; info just in case someone is as anal as I am about personal accomodations.

D3 is a 3 band panaramic EQ

the ipod is good but kinda slow at loading your play list if you have alot of music

to me the D3 isnt the best SQ double din, nav was good

It does play dvds

if you want sq this probably isnt the unit for you

if you dont need aknow get the kenwood 8120,its a beast, 13 band eq for the front and 13 bands or the rear 6/12/18 slopes

its a bit more than you want to spend but they are about 1100 on ebay

Yeah, I was actually thinking about that deck to be honest.

I think I may just get the 5120 or 512. I gotta have the turn knob, and If I need more processing with it I'll just get a 360 or something.

I sure will miss my Eclipse EQ but...

I thought I would miss the volume knob on my d3 but I dont. My Kenwood buttons are very responsive and if you hold'em for just a second the volume shoots right down. It also has a att button right next to the volume down button = brilliant.

I would save some cash and if you want the nice eq, get a DNX8120. Hands down the best sq DD you can get in one package. Alpine w/ processor add ons probably has more adjustments but I dont need'em.

I thought I would miss the volume knob on my d3 but I dont. My Kenwood buttons are very responsive and if you hold'em for just a second the volume shoots right down. It also has a att button right next to the volume down button = brilliant.
I would save some cash and if you want the nice eq, get a DNX8120. Hands down the best sq DD you can get in one package. Alpine w/ processor add ons probably has more adjustments but I dont need'em.

this is true

the knob vs button thing is a preferance i guess

I also have the Kenwood dnx8120 and its WAY beyond that Eclipse you had in terms of SQ

Hmmmm...but is it $5-700 better than say the D3 or the 5120? Money is no object, but I don't want to waste an addtional half a K if I REALLY don't need to.

I've been searching around constantly for the last 2 days and I need to make a move fast. I agree with the you on the ATT button dj, and I love the touch screen, it's just the ability to turn down the volume quickly is what I want.

But also with a 3 band EQ, does that just mean, BASS, TREBLE, and SUB?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.