08 PREMIER DEH-P600UB or 08 PREMIER DEH-P6000UB

tehrichie
10+ year member

Ill
I'm looking at getting a 08 PREMIER DEH-P600UB or 08 PREMIER DEH-P6000UB headunit. Are these any good? Have you guys had good experience with them?

Also, the main reason I want to pick this one up is for the Ipod capabilities it has. If anyone has this unit and uses an ipod with it, does it also charge your pod while you drive and listen to tunes? Any input is always appreciated. Thanks.

I'm looking at getting a 08 PREMIER DEH-P600UB or 08 PREMIER DEH-P6000UB headunit. Are these any good? Have you guys had good experience with them?
Also, the main reason I want to pick this one up is for the Ipod capabilities it has. If anyone has this unit and uses an ipod with it, does it also charge your pod while you drive and listen to tunes? Any input is always appreciated. Thanks.
Great unit. I believe those have sound retriever or something too. No motorized face, but great features. I switched out from the 690UB which is almost like that one.

Always get the Premier when you can.

ill sell you my premier for 180 shipped with ipod adapter. (cbilililii)what ever the thing is.its a deh680mp
is it the dehp690mp ? i googled without the p and it corrected me to this model

the premier should have a higher pre-out voltage and 2 year warranty vs the 1 year warranty with the regular (6000ub) pioneer... at least that is how it was back when i was doing some searching for info on decks and matched them up.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/DIN/DEH-P6000UB

try that link and maybe you will get some other answers from the pioneer page.
correct me if i'm wrong but aren't they both premiers?

Yeah it's a bummer that it has no motorized face but those are just for looks anyways. I've always had a plate that just popped down and have had better luck with them.

Ah so that's the difference. The 600 is the premier version and the 6000 is just a regular pioneer.

you guys recommend getting the premier version? What are the differences?

the premier should have a higher pre-out voltage and 2 year warranty vs the 1 year warranty with the regular (6000ub) pioneer... at least that is how it was back when i was doing some searching for info on decks and matched them up.
thats the only differences i can remember

i remember my P860 had either 6 or 8v pre outs and my P8600 thats in my car now has 4v

so bottom line, the 600 would be a better route to go rather than the 6000? they also don't have too much difference in price

i have an ipod adapter, not the gehy microphone to rca one, but the one that you can control the ipod from your deck, and yes it charges the ipod. i havent taken mine out in MONTHS unless I change songs on it. Its so much easier in my mind once you figure out the buttons on the deck and what they do.

get the premier, even for a few extra duckaroo's its worth it IMHO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tehrichie

10+ year member
tehrichie
Ill
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from