Need new cheap sub

Getting the proper car alarm and installing it correctly so ppl can't disable it is the best advice your going to get. Your original post you arnt really asking anything other then is sundown yardsale.. If your read the yardsale you would understand that it's qc fail and trade in and Porto type, you could get a working subwoofer or one that needs a recone. Order at your own risk. But ur so smart you should have read and already known that... Me I've ordered over 15 yardsale subs. All played besides one had a rattle, I would order from the yardsale,it's a good deal. Remember treat people how you want to be treated. Me saying get a car alarm because your stuff got stolen was good advice, you saying I'm useless and no help is being the reason why car audio forums are going to shlt, it's you not me. I try to help ppl but it's ppl like you that need more help then I can give.
Yeah, notice I didn't ask about car alarms in my original post. There's a reason for that. This is the sub woofer thread. I'm asking about subs not alarms. These weren't your average crackhead thieves. It wasn't easy to disable. It is weird though they left some valuable stuff in the car. They only took the sub and sub amp. They left my 4 channel and some of my kids stuff there. Which isn't cheap.

I read the disclaimer on the yardsale subs just fine. They've pretty much had the same disclaimer for years now, they did that kinda thing on ssa but back then the disclaimer read the same, but I think it was mostly b-stock fully functional products. I was curious if that was the same and hoping people would chime in with their experiences.

Also, not being in the market for a new sub in a while, I thought things may have changed. That's why I was wondering if there is any good new deals on a startup or something I've never heard about. Like my first good sub was when FI first started designing subs after that one guy split off from AA. 6 years ago I got a fully optioned out FI SSD 12 for around $200. I'm hoping to get lucky this time around.

If you go used you can get a fairly decent SQ sub for a good price. How much power are you planning to put to it?
Less than 1000. Probably 500-900. After not having trunk space for so long I enjoy it now, but I miss the basssssss!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

I have a nice 10" pioneer I'm trying to sell would be great for sq 300w RMS its shallow mount but still sounds amazing even in my Bronco 2
Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk
I'll pass on that, thanks though.

I asked the same question earlier this week and was recommended not to do so, granted i was inquiring about an amp. I would spend a few extra bucks so you know youre getting something in good condition.
You're twisting words here.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy yardsale subs. They're a lot cheaper than normal, not "a few extra bucks"

Luck is usually good, and you can always recone them if they're not perfect. iirc, motors are guaranteed to not be shifted, so you can salvage something.

Yes, I did recommend that you didn't buy a yardsale amp. The prices aren't that great for the risk. Yes, they were bench tested and "make sound". There could be any number of underlying problems with them. There are better amplifier values elsewhere on the forums. I would buy a used amplifier for less money than a yardsale amp, and have the previous owner's guarantee that it works well.

If you don't want to buy yardsale subs/speakers, don't. You have no personal experience with it.

4/6 of the yardsale speakers I bought were in good cosmetic condition and all 6 worked. That was a good deal to me. If I get rid of my DD Z's, I'll be scoping out the next yardsale for NSv3's.

I just wanted to correct you about some stuff.

You're twisting words here.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy yardsale subs. They're a lot cheaper than normal, not "a few extra bucks"

Luck is usually good, and you can always recone them if they're not perfect. iirc, motors are guaranteed to not be shifted, so you can salvage something.

Yes, I did recommend that you didn't buy a yardsale amp. The prices aren't that great for the risk. Yes, they were bench tested and "make sound". There could be any number of underlying problems with them. There are better amplifier values elsewhere on the forums. I would buy a used amplifier for less money than a yardsale amp, and have the previous owner's guarantee that it works well.

If you don't want to buy yardsale subs/speakers, don't. You have no personal experience with it.

4/6 of the yardsale speakers I bought were in good cosmetic condition and all 6 worked. That was a good deal to me. If I get rid of my DD Z's, I'll be scoping out the next yardsale for NSv3's.

I just wanted to correct you about some stuff.
i did mention that i was inquiring about an amp, not subs. So i was defenitely not twisting words. No intention to relay negative information about sundown as a company or a yardsale nor your perception of the company or its practices.. A "couple of bucks" is subjective, especially in the "less than 1000 watt" range.

i did mention that i was inquiring about an amp, not subs. So i was defenitely not twisting words. No intention to relay negative information about sundown as a company or a yardsale nor your perception of the company or its practices.. A "couple of bucks" is subjective, especially in the "less than 1000 watt" range.
The way you worded it was negative, when not all the advice I gave to you was. All I'm saying.

I personally would not buy a yard sale sub. I'm all excited when I see my new toy shipped, if I got it, wired it up, dropped it in, and it was DOA I'd be beyond butthurt.
aren't the yard sale items guaranteed not DOA? just might have a small fault somewhere but not completely useless?

OP for $300 theres a lot of choices out there, is that your total for amp and sub or just sub? didn't catch that part

aren't the yard sale items guaranteed not DOA? just might have a small fault somewhere but not completely useless?
OP for $300 theres a lot of choices out there, is that your total for amp and sub or just sub? didn't catch that part
No. It could need a recone right out of the box.

Less than 1000. Probably 500-900. After not having trunk space for so long I enjoy it now, but I miss the basssssss! 

Here are a couple options.

PHD Studio FB 10.1 10" Subwoofer Awesome SQ sub and will do well in a sealed enclosure. $175

We have a used ZED Mikro I that is in great shape, comes with box and bass knob that would power this sub nicely. $115

Or

Phoenix Gold SX 600.1 Monoblock Amplifier Nice small footprint amp that will power the sub nicely and give a little more power than the Mikro. $160

For a little more power hungry sub a Dayton would be a good option. They do well in small enclosures as well and get decently loud for a 10" in a sealed setup.

Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference HO Subwoofer $132

For an amp:

Phoenix Gold RX 1100.1 Monoblock Amplifier Awesome amp, great power, great quality. $200.

Let me know your thoughts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.