Need more bass

Most factory headunits have a roll off effectively deleting low to very low frequencies, lets face it 6inch door speakers are not subwoofers and will never produce real low frequencies like subs do so they have a roll off protecting the speakers so you can turn it up a “little” more and retain some what of the sound quality without the low frequencies distorting or sounding muddy etc…

You will find that even though it has a roll off it usually doesn’t cut out 100% of the low frequencies so you may be able to bump up the low end of the spectrum via an external EQ or processor and add the lows back in…. to a point. I know it’s a dodgy way of doing it and that’s why I say “to a point” but it has worked for me TO A POINT in the past haha

A lot of new cars you can’t change the headunit but If you can change the headunit that would effectively have endless possibilities and you can have the system you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.