Looking to upgrade sub. Single 15

Titsmcgee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Ca
Hey guys currently using my buddies 10w3 in a sealed box. Just upgraded my front stage to focal ps165fx's and wanna balance it out a bit more.

Used to have a 12w7, fi q12, and a sundown sa 15.

Loved all of them to be honest.

Looking for a single sealed 15 to pair with my RF T1000-1bd (roughly 1400 watts)

Something that can keep up with the front stage. Looking for more SQ than SPL but still like some oomph.

Was looking at the newer 15 Fi Q NEOs.

OP
Titsmcgee

Titsmcgee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Ca
Not looking to change from my 1400ish watts from my RF.

Last edited:
OP
Titsmcgee

Titsmcgee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Ca
Bueller.. bueller..?

Probably leaning towards an SSA Icon or Fi Q NEO at the moment.

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Lot of factors to really determine how much of that 1300+ birth sheet you’re actually getting. Maybe target a 750watt rms 15” instead of something closer to 1k that really needs more to boogie. New sa-15 perhaps

OP
Titsmcgee

Titsmcgee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Ca
Lot of factors to really determine how much of that 1300+ birth sheet you’re actually getting. Maybe target a 750watt rms 15” instead of something closer to 1k that really needs more to boogie. New sa-15 perhaps

This amp overpowered my sa15 pretty easily. I know it can push a more capable sub.

OP
Titsmcgee

Titsmcgee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Ca
Old sa’s took less power so yeah that probably was a good fit. Box rise is a thing as is Headroom. Why get a sub where the amp you have Might be enough?
Yeah this SA was probably 10 years old.

In all honesty I enjoyed my old Fi Q before it more. Dont get me wrong the SA was nice too. That's why I'm considering the new NEO Q 15. I threw around 1k watts or a little less at the old Fi.

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
I think a 1k woofer is dope but when you start to get to the 1250 and up range (And even some 1k’s) You start to see woofers that off paper want more juice in an ideal scenario and require bigger enclosures to offset a lack of available power tap

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds