Need more bass

You may be maxed out....and if your limited on space and have more watts, then might be at a dead stop. Unless you get another vehicle...
I have more room without doing anything crazy it looks like I can do a total of 4 8's easier than 3 10's so 8's are the answer I think.

You should be able to get 4 8’s in there and you have the power so you could be seeing a fairly good gainHow skilled are you at making boxes?

You could fiberglass the floor to get a little extra cf
I can build pretty much anything I come up with but I should be able to get the space without doing anything crazy.

You should be able to get 4 8’s in there and you have the power so you could be seeing a fairly good gainHow skilled are you at making boxes?

You could fiberglass the floor to get a little extra cf
I just realized you are one of the guys that replied to me on caraudioclassified. I am glad I took your advice to get the 5000 the extra power definitely woke them up but ultimately more cone area is going to be my fix.

Just askin'... whats your space available?.. it's a 2" lift?.. 54" wide at least?
lFLXaU.jpg

Think 2 Sa-10's would be enough?.. it's 2.9ft3 net around 33hz
So I have been doing all the math and I dont know how you ended up with 2.9 net. I have been stretching all my numbers and am not coming close to that. I am assuming either the seat would not go all the way down or the box stuck out the front by a fair amount.

What I used are basically the overall dimensions I used for this box... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/635110-sa-10s-under-powered.html ... It turned out great according to the OP, fit right up under there with a 2" seat lift... Here I re-ported it with 6" round to take more power

qRYZ9G.jpg

the original box was dual 4" pvc (20in2 of port) so I redid it with a 6" round (27in2 of port)... here it is in Torres quick and dirty

ZHxqoP.jpg

It is for 2 SA-10's ported, he made his own seat lift IIRC but stated it was 2" and the box fit correctly and flush. Its even less width than his BTW and should have plenty of room for the port to breathe.

What I used are basically the overall dimensions I used for this box... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/635110-sa-10s-under-powered.html ... It turned out great according to the OP, fit right up under there with a 2" seat lift... Here I re-ported it with 6" round to take more power
qRYZ9G.jpg

the original box was dual 4" pvc (20in2 of port) so I redid it with a 6" round (27in2 of port)... here it is in Torres quick and dirty

ZHxqoP.jpg

It is for 2 SA-10's ported, he made his own seat lift IIRC but stated it was 2" and the box fit correctly and flush. Its even less width than his BTW and should have plenty of room for the port to breathe.
So weird when I go to the12volt.com I come up with 3.06 gross when I use torres I get 3.6 gross. I wish I paid closer attention in math so I could determine which one of them is being a little ****!

So weird when I go to the12volt.com I come up with 3.06 gross when I use torres I get 3.6 gross. I wish I paid closer attention in math so I could determine which one of them is being a little ****!
I ALWAYS use Winisd in conjunction with Torres on every design I do... maybe I'll learn BB6 someday but for now Sketchup has got me occupied tryin out new things.

I ALWAYS use Winisd in conjunction with Torres on every design I do... maybe I'll learn BB6 someday but for now Sketchup has got me occupied tryin out new things.
I didn't know winisd had a box volume calculator. I am concerned that rockfordfosgates box calculator gave me the same gross volume that 12 volt did. I am starting to wonder if torres is whacked out.

I didn't know winisd had a box volume calculator. I am concerned that rockfordfosgates box calculator gave me the same gross volume that 12 volt did. I am starting to wonder if torres is whacked out.
Winisd is modeling software... that allows me to size the volume/port for whatever power is being used... Torres is a box calculator, another one I use is explicit... box calcs are only to find the volume/dimensions AFTER its been modeled

Torres is pretty accurate if used correctly..

Idk bout the others... lol

Winisd is modeling software... that allows me to size the port... Torres is a box calculator, another one I use is explicit... box calcs are only to find the volume/dimensions AFTER its been modeled
Oh, ok, that's kind of what I thought. I feel like torres might be wrong on the volume. The dimensions you have are what I was shooting for except my front wouldnt be slanted like yours. Mine would be 54 wide 11" front 8" back and 14" deep. every calc I use comes up with about 3.1

Oh, ok, that's kind of what I thought. I feel like torres might be wrong on the volume. The dimensions you have are what I was shooting for except my front wouldnt be slanted like yours. Mine would be 54 wide 11" front 8" back and 14" deep. every calc I use comes up with about 3.1
Every calc comes up with 3.1ft3 net?.. are you using a 6"ish round and 2 SA-10's or 3 or 4 drivers like you talk about above?.. that 2.9ft3 is net ...after displacements.

Every calc comes up with 3.1ft3 net?.. are you using a 6"ish round and 2 SA-10's or 3 or 4 drivers like you talk about above?.. that 2.9ft3 is net ...after displacements.
No, they're coming up with that number gross. I just laid it out on a piece of wood and took the measurements the good old fashioned way and got exactly what Rockford and 12 volt said I should. I feel like Torres is fawked when it comes to finding out volume.

No, they're coming up with that number gross. I just laid it out on a piece of wood and took the measurements the good old fashioned way and got exactly what Rockford and 12 volt said I should. I feel like Torres is fawked when it comes to finding out volume.
Just one more question... are you using a round port or a slot?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.