Need more bass!

Participant count
  • Participant list

2tall

Chicago
I have a 13 f250 with sony sync stereo. My upgrades are hertz mlk 163, hertz hdp5, JL stealth box with the tw5 woofer, and audiocontrol lc2 (nothing fancy). Im pretty satisfied with it for what it is. I would like to get a dsp like audison bit 10. Well back to the topic, what would you do to acheive "more" bass? You think a dedicated amp like a jl 750/1 for the sub would help. Other options are, port the stealth box or have a custom ported box built. Im not looking to be heard 3 blocks away. But it just seems like it could use a little more bass. Thoughts and ideas are appreciated

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sell the stealth setup. $850 for that is crazy. The sub should be a 2ohm with max recommended 600wrms your amp should be 550wrms so adding mire power is risky. You cant just cut a hole in the box as a port. I recommend a custom built ported box with a single 8 or 10 like the sa8 or e10

start with ported box make sure it's tuned low (9if u don't know how list box dimensions and someone can tell u how long pf a 3" pvc to use as example) if amp doesn't have ss filter on it then really important to tune low as u can until u upgrade to mono amp with ss filter... down side it it's hard sometimes to do ported in a truck..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.