Need help with single cab SPL setup!!

That sounds perfect actually thank you so much! What does wire or no deck mean? I have 2 shallow 12 black mamba q powers and a crunch amp that's wired in but I plan on upgrading the wiring to good wire and doing it right first thing. I can build a box, I have the tools to do it as well. Buying new does sound much better to me, a warranty is always good to have. Also would the epicenter bass enhancer be worth the money? I'm not even sure what they do but I have a friend who swears that they are just the best things in the world and I've heard a few systems that had them and they slammed pretty hard. Thanks a lot for the help by the way.
No epicenter you won't need it. Was wondering about the size I your wire and quality

No epicenter you won't need it. Was wondering about the size I your wire and quality
Ok that's fine, I just wanted to ask and see if it would he good. As for the wire I have fosgate 8 gauge power wire and then just some random wire from an install kit on everything else. I plan on upgrading the wire with the new amp to something y'all would recommend. I would like to do 0 gauge throughout but idk if that would be a good idea even.

Ok that's fine, I just wanted to ask and see if it would he good. As for the wire I have fosgate 8 gauge power wire and then just some random wire from an install kit on everything else. I plan on upgrading the wire with the new amp to something y'all would recommend. I would like to do 0 gauge throughout but idk if that would be a good idea even.
Yes the 0 gauge is a must if your going with 1500 rms or bigger

Definitely do 0g. knuknonceptz has good pricing on a kit. You're so limited on depth that fitting a decent subwoofer in there is tough. If you could, I'd do a bunch of shallow mount 8"s or something, but I realize you can't afford it. Surface area is your friend with such limited space.

Good luck. We've all been there. Congrats on getting married too. It is awesome that your wife wants to do this for you.

Just to give you an idea...3cu feet net is the most you can get behind the seat. Your best bet would be 4 8s ported. I had 2 12s ported back there though they needed more air to breathe they were decently loud. 450.00 just is not going to cut it and you will not be satisfied with the results on that budget.

Definitely do 0g. knuknonceptz has good pricing on a kit. You're so limited on depth that fitting a decent subwoofer in there is tough. If you could, I'd do a bunch of shallow mount 8"s or something, but I realize you can't afford it. Surface area is your friend with such limited space.
Good luck. We've all been there. Congrats on getting married too. It is awesome that your wife wants to do this for you.
Thanks alot, and yeah she is super ****** haha:) also thanks for the wire recommendation, i had been looking at that but didnt know about the brand or not. Also thanks for the setup idea, what about keeping the shallow mount 12s that i have and just building a box to fit 4 shallow 12s like that? another idea i had would be to have 3 down facing regular 10s and have the box come up behind the seats to get more air space? the main thing is just to stay within the budget. i have a friend who threw 4 VM audio 15s in the back of his altima in a plywood box and those were only $70 a speaker and they Slammed so i hope that i can find something like that, i dont need or care about the brands or anything. even some tips to get the 12s i have to hit harder would be nice, i know that i need help with amp choice, i dont even know where to start.

Just to give you an idea...3cu feet net is the most you can get behind the seat. Your best bet would be 4 8s ported. I had 2 12s ported back there though they needed more air to breathe they were decently loud. 450.00 just is not going to cut it and you will not be satisfied with the results on that budget.
what would be some speakers to look at could keep me in my budget that would be decent load? i know i will want more but this is the type of hobby that ill never be satisfied with what i have;) and this is my first system so im just trying to get my feet wet and i really have to stay in my budget. any recommendations would be appreciated.

One 12 in the right box will yield better output than 2 in a small box also Shca wire is great wire for the money
I have a neighbor that has a very nice RF 12 that to this day is one of the loadest systems ive ever heard so that idea sounds good to me:) do you mind listing a few speakers and amps that would be good to look at for me? and what all would i need when buying wire? just an amp install kit or do i need more than that and also i need recommendations for any other wire that ill need (speaker wire, etc..) also i just want to thank you alot for spending the time to help me, i know im looking for something thats hard to do with what i have.

In Your price range Xfl 12 and ppi bk 1800 sky high wire. About $430 shipped could change the sub with a soundquebed sub for a decent cheap amp. I would stick with the ppi. But not many left around new. Being discontinued

In Your price range Xfl 12 and ppi bk 1800 sky high wire. About $430 shipped could change the sub with a soundquebed sub for a decent cheap amp. I would stick with the ppi. But not many left around new. Being discontinued
What is the mounting depth needed for that sub, that sounds amazing and i would probably go for that i just want to make sure that i can fit it behind the passenger seat with it scooted forward lol

awesome thank you so much! i will do all the measuring tomorrow and get back with you but i also need all new speakers in the cab a majority of them are blown. my question is what size speakers do i need for which spots and also are there any door speakers that will help with spl? sorry if thats a stupid question haha

awesome thank you so much! i will do all the measuring tomorrow and get back with you but i also need all new speakers in the cab a majority of them are blown. my question is what size speakers do i need for which spots and also are there any door speakers that will help with spl? sorry if thats a stupid question haha
58 wide, 10 deep at bottom 5 inches at most at top and 16 inches high. That's the most you can get. I believe that xfl 12 will barely clear.

I can't give up any of the seats unfortunately:/ it all has to go behind the seats and I would really rather stay away from a blow through if I can.... That's why I was thinking maybe 3 good spl 10s stuffed back there or something? If spl 10s are even a thing for my price range lol? And I'm not talking about competition burp sol but I want more than just load, I really want to shake as much asphalt as I can haha and I know I'm not going to be getting something just ungodly for my price range but I just wanted to see what other people had come up with because I know there is a lot of us out there in this predicament;)
I placed 4 Kicker C-10s in a sealed box behind a 79 single cab Chevy on an old school Autotek Mean Machine HC44@2ohms under the passengers seat,with a 4 ch JBL GTQ 400 under drivers seat with two sets of Kicker KS-5.25 Coax in the doors and a pair of Cheesy Audiobaun tweets, in a cousins truck a couple years back, and have to say,that for that budget,that Joker SLAMMED its AZZ off,Ground Shaker!On the CHEAPIES

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.