Need help with single cab SPL setup!!

Bryanm17

Hey guys,

I finally made up my mind to keep my truck that's paid off and put some bang in it!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I have a 2004 single cab silverado that I currently have 2 12 shallow 12s behind the seats. Honestly they just aren't cutting it anymore so I need your help designing a full out spl system. I am on a very tight budget and I am working with a very small space (im 6'5") so it's going to be a challenge. I can build the box to your recommended specs and I can do the speakers however you think. What I'm looking for is 100% SPL, I could care less about sq. I can post any demensions that y'all ask me for. I have a decent pioneer head unit and wire but I would like new speakers box and amp, also possibly an epicenter if you guys think that's a good idea. I have about $450 to spend on the speakers and amp. I don't think there is a way to fit full sized 12s but possibly 2-3 10s if you get creative??? To be honest I'm very new to this but I've been around systems all my life, just never involved in the technical part. I would appreciate any and all help and feel free to ask more questions if I left out any needed info.

Hey guys,
I finally made up my mind to keep my truck that's paid off and put some bang in it!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I have a 2004 single cab silverado that I currently have 2 12 shallow 12s behind the seats. Honestly they just aren't cutting it anymore so I need your help designing a full out spl system. I am on a very tight budget and I am working with a very small space (im 6'5") so it's going to be a challenge. I can build the box to your recommended specs and I can do the speakers however you think. What I'm looking for is 100% SPL, I could care less about sq. I can post any demensions that y'all ask me for. I have a decent pioneer head unit and wire but I would like new speakers box and amp, also possibly an epicenter if you guys think that's a good idea. I have about $450 to spend on the speakers and amp. I don't think there is a way to fit full sized 12s but possibly 2-3 10s if you get creative??? To be honest I'm very new to this but I've been around systems all my life, just never involved in the technical part. I would appreciate any and all help and feel free to ask more questions if I left out any needed info.
Does it have a bench seat?

Welcome to my world, i have a 1990 c1500 single cab and us truck guys have pretty much 2 options. Blowthrough or center console. What kind if "spl" are we talking? You want just loud music spl or competition burp spl? All this depends hpw much you are willing to give up space wise.

Does it have a bench seat?
No, it doesn't have a full bench seat. The driver and passenger seats have full adjustment but the center seat doesn't move at all. I can't give up much space, it all has to go behind the seats unfortunately...

Welcome to my world, i have a 1990 c1500 single cab and us truck guys have pretty much 2 options. Blowthrough or center console. What kind if "spl" are we talking? You want just loud music spl or competition burp spl? All this depends hpw much you are willing to give up space wise.
I can't give up any of the seats unfortunately:/ it all has to go behind the seats and I would really rather stay away from a blow through if I can.... That's why I was thinking maybe 3 good spl 10s stuffed back there or something? If spl 10s are even a thing for my price range lol? And I'm not talking about competition burp sol but I want more than just load, I really want to shake as much asphalt as I can haha and I know I'm not going to be getting something just ungodly for my price range but I just wanted to see what other people had come up with because I know there is a lot of us out there in this predicament;)

Push passenger seat as forward as possible shove a decent 12 in there and run a wedge box along your whole back wall which would probably be around 55" give or take. For your amp of you want to divide $450 get a ppi black ice 1800 they are $189.99 and sub well theres alot of options out there but youll need to spend atleast $250 and thats probably used for a 12. But remember for this a custom enclosure is entitled plus 1/0 gauge wire. Id say your looking at when its all said and done close to $700 in the hole thats with you installing yourself. So like mylows said save up more money instead.

Push passenger seat as forward as possible shove a decent 12 in there and run a wedge box along your whole back wall which would probably be around 55" give or take. For your amp of you want to divide $450 get a ppi black ice 1800 they are $189.99 and sub well theres alot of options out there but youll need to spend atleast $250 and thats probably used for a 12. But remember for this a custom enclosure is entitled plus 1/0 gauge wire. Id say your looking at when its all said and done close to $700 in the hole thats with you installing yourself. So like mylows said save up more money instead.
Alright, thanks guys.

I joined this forum with your same question a few months back and boy did i just open up a can of worms! Its a whole different world out here what i thought was loud before is NOTHING compared to what these guys are doing. Goodluck man

I understand I can't get what everyone would really recommend but there is nothing in my price range at all??? Not even anything decent???
It depends in what you consider loud. But if you really want to flex the hell out of your truck it can be done. But you'll need more than an amp and sub. You'll need 2-3 more batteries a ho alt and 2500+ watts to do it. The amp alone will take $300+ even for a good used one Just being realistic. A decent sub can be had for $200 of less but $450 is a stretch

It depends in what you consider loud. But if you really want to flex the hell out of your truck it can be done. But you'll need more than an amp and sub. You'll need 2-3 more batteries a ho alt and 2500+ watts to do it. The amp alone will take $300+ even for a good used one Just being realistic. A decent sub can be had for $200 of less but $450 is a stretch
That would be amazing and I would love to but I just can't afford to do that kind of stuff, I just got married and this is just something my wife wants to do for me for my birthday. If I would I could but $450 is really all I can afford. I am coming from pretty much nothing here so I'm easily impressed with load. What I'm looking for is just as load as I can get for what I have to work with. I can go to the local car audio places in town but I wanted to come here first to see if I could get some help and save money as well as get better products and learn something along the way haha

That would be amazing and I would love to but I just can't afford to do that kind of stuff, I just got married and this is just something my wife wants to do for me for my birthday. If I would I could but $450 is really all I can afford. I am coming from pretty much nothing here so I'm easily impressed with load. What I'm looking for is just as load as I can get for what I have to work with. I can go to the local car audio places in town but I wanted to come here first to see if I could get some help and save money as well as get better products and learn something along the way haha
Shoot me a pm. With what you already have . Wire or not deck ? Can you build a box or no. ? I can prolly get you a single good 12 amp and tell you what box you can build to get decently loud on a budget prolly the best you'll get new , used you might get a bit better. But not much and no warranty

Shoot me a pm. With what you already have . Wire or not deck ? Can you build a box or no. ? I can prolly get you a single good 12 amp and tell you what box you can build to get decently loud on a budget prolly the best you'll get new , used you might get a bit better. But not much and no warranty
That sounds perfect actually thank you so much! What does wire or no deck mean? I have 2 shallow 12 black mamba q powers and a crunch amp that's wired in but I plan on upgrading the wiring to good wire and doing it right first thing. I can build a box, I have the tools to do it as well. Buying new does sound much better to me, a warranty is always good to have. Also would the epicenter bass enhancer be worth the money? I'm not even sure what they do but I have a friend who swears that they are just the best things in the world and I've heard a few systems that had them and they slammed pretty hard. Thanks a lot for the help by the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.