Need help with setup subs are shutting off

Participant count
  • Participant list

pearsont21

Hi so I am running my whole setup in my 2000 Xtreme s10 I've never really had an issue with my setups till now I know my amp is going into protection mode but can't figure out why I am running 2 15 inch audio pipes 3200 watt max in a vented box with a hifonics zues mono block amp 3000 watt max wired at one ohm with a Rockford fostgate digital capacitor. I have it all wired correctly tuned rite and have a bigger battery the alternator is stock. Its been fine for a bit but just recently the SUBS cut out rite as its about to hit hard but the amp stays on. My grounds are to the floor directly to the seat bolts and proper all 2 guage kicker wire and kicker RCA's all of its rite. What is going wrong here ??? Only thing I can think of is my speaker wire is to chinsey inside my box its small ....help please!!!!!!!!!! I am running a pioneer head unit as well is my wire to small or what is wrong KEEP IN MIND AMP STAYS ON THE SUBS JUST CUT OUT ONCE IT HITS HARD

Well there definitely not blown because they do pop on but I just looked into it more as soon as my head unit turns on the amp clicks on then I hear a click inside the box and it goes straight into protect mode. Sooooo it must be something inside the box idk if something came loose or what idk guess I'll have to pop them out

There rated that they can handle 1 ohm and I wanted the mono block hifonics to begin with so the ohms I don't think should be the issue I triple checked when I wired them to make sure it was rite idk if something came loose inside the box or what the speaker wires inside the box aren't the best maybe that's my problem idk

Alllll fixed but it was the most stupid **** I've seen some how there was a small screw inside the box and was touching my positive and negative terminals together....... Really w e at least I'm back to bangin :-0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.