Need help with my THX Certified audio system in my 2007 Lincoln Navigator.

rayray007

I am hoping someone here can help me out. Every time I turn up my radio, the base and volume will sound great for about 5 seconds. The volume starts to fade away as if someone is turning it down to less then half. It is very annoying and nobody has the solution. Ford claims that it is a factory installed protection device so you don't blow your speakers which I understand, but when the volume goes down so much that you can barely hear the vocals or beat, it becomes a major issue.

If anyone has had this problem and came up with a solution (swap out amp or something) please let me know. My Navigator does have the factory DVD system for the rear passengers just in case someone here wanted to know since it may have a role to play in this issue.

Also if anyone does have a 2007 Lincoln Navigator or other Ford product that had this same problem and figured out a solution, please let me know. The Ford dealer is no help at all and keep telling me it is normal but anyone that has owned a Escalade or QX56 can tell you otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
go all aftermarket and you will have 0 problems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Pretty sure he got the expensive factory premium sound so he can avoid the hassle of getting aftermarket.

I know all factory system attenuates the bass as the volume goes up but if it really fades so much like you said then maybe something's wrong with the factory system. Go into settings and set the bass to flat or zero, there are no Loudness control right? You should be able to get a decent bass punch out of it since it's THX-certified but remember the system is also designed to not impair your hearing so I won't be surprised if it maxes out at something like 122dB. You just can't expect a factory subwoofer system to "pound", the only factor system that "pounds" is in the newest-gen Eclipse(it actually has a 10" sub by Rockford Fosgate).

Take it to a few different dealerships and see what they say, maybe find another Navi with the same THX system and ask if you can compare it to yours. If it does the same then that's what it is.

First off, thanks everyone for your input. I did check out my friends navigator and he also has the 14 speaker, THX Certified sound system and it does the same thing. I know that they are trying to keep the music from distorting or blowing up your ear drums but when it fades so low that you can actually have a conversation with your passenger, makes it an overkill. Playyamxz550, if you can give me more input on this MTX thing that helps with the music not fading, I would greatly appreciate it.

In a nutshell though, if I turn the bass and treble to 0 it does not fade as much but it is still bad enough to make you wonder why you would pay so much for a factory upgraded stereo that sounds like crap.

the stock upraded radios arnt really worth it, you can get nicer for less money aftermarket. This mtx thing hooks up to your stock radio and doesnt let the bass fade I dont no how much it is but it might distore the speakers and not be good for them, all though I have an 05 escalade with a nice kenwood exicoln deck and my door speakers sound really nice and the bass gets really loud for stock door speakers

Yeah well Cadillac and Infiniti have really nice stock systems from the get go. I don't know why Ford decided to spend all this money adding the THX Certified System and then have it automatically lower the volume on what potentially could of been a really nice and loud sound system. For the 5 seconds I have it turned up all the way, it sounds great, bass thumps and vocals are crisp and clear with no distortion but after the 5 seconds of musical enjoyment, the factory system tones the music down 50% as if my dad is riding shotgun and turns it down because he hates loud music. Very dissapointing.

I have the same problem. My husband bought me a 2007 Lincoln Navi L fully loaded. I was so excited until I tried to listen to my MP3 Player. At first I thought I had accidentally pushed the volume button but it kept happening. Tried a CD, the same thing. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it but it kept happening. The speed compensation is off and that doesnt stop it from happening. VERY ANNOYING!!! I really wish there was something that could be done.

I also have had a 2007 Cadillac escalade and a 2007 jeep grand Cherokee and both trucks had a booming sound. It makes me not even want to drive the **** truck. Very digusted with what we paid for this truck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.