Kicker, Sundown, Memphis?

hondacr125
10+ year member

I have an 03 Escalade EXT. I am getting a lot of mixed reviews on several different subs so I thought I would see what you guys think. Locally I have a memphis and a kicker rep. The memphis guy wants me to do 2-15" mojo's ($800), or 4-12" c3's ($900). Kicker guy recommended 4 12" L7's($1100). All prices are prices I was quoted by my local shops. A few other people I have talked to highly recommend Sundown...4-12" SA-12's. Right now I only have a zx1500.1 amp but I am trying to sell that and get something closer to 3k watts or so. I will be getting a bigger alt and batteries and such, just need a little input on the subs and maybe a recommendation on an amp.

Sundown and Memphis are good, L7's get loud but should like ***** to me I'd rather have CVX's if going Kicker

All will get loud just what you like and fits your budget

I have plenty of space (taking up whole bed of truck). I kinda figured everyone would say Sundown. How is their customer service? Only thing keeping me from ordering them right now is that I know both local audio shop owners here so if I have any problems I can drive 20 minutes away and get any issues resolved easily. No one really likes the SA-12's or they just aren't as loud as a pair of night shades?

I have plenty of space (taking up whole bed of truck). I kinda figured everyone would say Sundown. How is their customer service? Only thing keeping me from ordering them right now is that I know both local audio shop owners here so if I have any problems I can drive 20 minutes away and get any issues resolved easily. No one really likes the SA-12's or they just aren't as loud as a pair of night shades?
jacob is a cool cat and will help ya with whatever you need. he will respond to emails. sa's and nightshades are 2 different subs brah. also he is always on the forum. hell he is on here now

the nightshades are the strongest subs sundown offers.

and only running a pair of them will make sure you can give them all the airspace they want and to get the most out of them.

that said. 4 sa-12s on 3500 or so would still get nasty.

Jacob at sundown will bend over backwards while standing on one toe and singing the national anthem if he thinks it will make you happy. Really great guy. I like sundown because I had a good experience with their subs and because Jacob answers when I ask.

Jake will give ya a reach around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if i was you, with 3k daily would do 4 sa15s it would be alot louder than 2 ns on 3k....

The truck will be my dd and I don't go to competitions at all so I want something that is gna still sound pretty good, I listen to mostly rap but a little bit of everything. I think 4 sa 12's or 15's is what ill probably go with. I just need to decide on an amp and box design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.