Need help with ebay scammer!

BlkCamSS01
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I recently sold my mtx thunder 6500d to a guy over ebay. The amp worked great with no problems what so ever before i shipped. He sends me a message today that when he installed the amp it began to smoke. Stupid question, but is it possible for amps to start smoking and what would make it do that?

Yeah at the very bottom it said no refunds buy paypal will prob side with him. It ***** bc he said he wont ship it back unless i pay lol. So looks like i have to refund the $120 + $10 shipping.

Stupid question, but is it possible for amps to start smoking and what would make it do that?
For every stupid question is an equally stupid answer. Obviously it's broken. ***** to hear though. Anytime something like that is sold over Ebay it's a gamble. You never know if they've done something wrong, if it was damaged in shipping, or if they're just scamming you and they're really isn't anything wrong with the amp.

I had two BNIB Memphis amplifiers that DID NOT work upon install, so it is possible that your amplifier got damaged in shipping. It is also possible that the guy is an idiot and wired it up wrong, too low of a load, etc. Lastly, and although it is sad, every power up of an amplifier sends it one step closer to its grave and he may have done that final power up that caused it to start smoking.

Did you specify "as is" or did you guarantee that your amp would be non-DOA? Also, did you require proof of professional installation for the non-DOA guarantee?

Yeah at the very bottom it said no refunds buy paypal will prob side with him. It ***** bc he said he wont ship it back unless i pay lol. So looks like i have to refund the $120 + $10 shipping.
If he files a PayPal claim they will make him ship it back before he can get a refund. If you're considering refunding his money then I would ask for pics of the damaged inside.

If he files a PayPal claim they will make him ship it back before he can get a refund. If you're considering refunding his money then I would ask for pics of the damaged inside.
Yeah ill def ask for pics, if it is damaged i feel bad for shipping a bad product although i wrapped it in bubble wrap very good and it didn't move inside the box. But it is listed on the auction that i dont accept refund but i never mentioned as-is because i didn't think it would be a problem since it worked fine when i had it.

I personally wouldn't guarantee anything like that because there is so much chance of user error. It's all sold "AS IS". If it was a reputable user on here or another website then I would warranty it but not Ebay.

yeah now the guy is saying he wont cant send pics because he can't get the cover off. And wants me to refund the money before i get my amp back. Thats not going to happen.

Heres the pic's he sent me:
CIMG2261Small.jpg
and
CIMG2267Small.jpg
. I can seen the burned spot, and i def wouldn't think that happened in shipping

He swears that everything was hooked up right, but i dont think i believe him. The amp was working fine before i shipped and i even inspected it before shipping it out. It just ***** that he will give me negative feedback since he's going to be pissed.

Thats Crap... I am sorry man. Whatever you do don't give him money back until you get it back. Although it wont work anyways probably. I bet it's his stupid ass fault.

Good Luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.