need help with box

bottlebaby
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i want to build a ported box for a 12inch kicker l7 that came out of my vette. it will be going in a lexus rx 330 suv. should it be port up or back? sub up? kicker recomends 1.75 to 3.25 cu ft. it will be running off my sundown 1000d. also if anyone can get me a box design that would be great. and i have no idea what feq would be best so any help is great.

You should have good results with sub and port back with just a single 12"

And I would aim in the upper range of the airspace recommended, 16ish sq inches of port area per net cubic foot, and tuning around 33hz would be pretty safe.

What kind of dimensions do you have to work with?

so sub back port back is the best way? im open to what ever is going to be the best
design with 6" aearo. tuned to 37. 3.2 cubes after port/sub.

cut the aero 13 inches. and center it 4.5 inches from right side and bottom of box. lowest(further from back wall, and furthest from sub possible. little over 27 sq in of port area, but if you get a real aero port(with the flanges) then it will work about the same as a 54 sq in square vent. iirc someone on here has one for sale for 35 shipped.

bottom 38x18

top 38x11

left and right 13.5 at tallest 11 length on top 18 length on bottom. 27* angle cut. should match those lengths up well, or straight line it.

front 13.5x36.5 with sub/port cutout on opposite sides.

and the rear piece should be 36.5 long with a 27*angle cut on one side and a 63*angle cut on the other. these angles should make it sit flush on top and bottom.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.