Need Help With Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

aaustinikiki
10+ year member

I listen to a lot of rap music and i love the huge bass hits that will shake the car. I have 2 12" 1000w pioneer subs. The sheet to the subs was thrown out by mistake. They were in a dual sealed box that i bought. It was made of 5/8 mdf. My subs blew the center divider out and then cracked the top of the box. Needless to say i need a new box. I dont have a lot of money so im going to build it myself. The only problem is i have no idea on dimensions/vent. I have 15 inches in height from the bottom of the trunk to the bottom of the speakers on my rear shelf. I also have 34 inches in width. I dont want the depth of the box to exceed 15 inches. How large shoud the vent be or should i vent it?

what i would do is make a clone of the box that broke if you liked it. and try to brace the pieces that broke someway. id say use fiberglass and do the inside, but that can get costly. but thats just my 2cents

I liked my box but I believe it help my subs back a bit. It was not made for them it was a generic type box. I heard a vented box w 2 12" sonys and it sounded awesome. I think i should vent it but i dont know how big the vent to be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.