need help with box specs for Alpine Type-R

Participant count
  • Participant list

herrrerrera
10+ year member

Looking to have a box built for one 10" Alpine type-R 4ohm dual voice coil woofer.

I have 2 spec sheets i was thinking. before i have it built, just want to see if you guys agree with these specs, or if you would change anything. Just want to get the full potential out of the woofer as i can. i will be using a Rockford Fosgate t500-1 db amp. thanks

box.png

this one is a little bigger, lower freq. tuned to about 36hz

box2.png

both are kinda large for what the sub wants its around .6 to 1.3 IIRC and with 1500 on tap it can handle a smaller encloure just fine i did 2 alpine type r's in 2.18 cubes after disp with aq2200

thanks for input:)

i have been told the specs for the woofer was .82 to 1.15 so i had a sealed box built 2 years ago for 2 10" type-r with .68 box and it sounds great at low volume, but sounds horrid if i want to crank it up a bit.

Back then i just wanted the smallest box i could get away with, and have it sound as sharp and clean as possible, but now i'm just after a box that will let the sub shine to it's full potential, sealed or ported..

the amp isn't powerfull enough for both woofers, and i dont have money to buy another amp, so i'm just going to build a box for one woofer

Care to throw out some specs that you would use if you built a box for one type-r?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.