Need help with box placement!!!

Priorityship
10+ year member

I am thinking about setting up a custom install in my car. What I want to do is have the sub fire dirrectly into the cabbin. I will build a box that will make the sub look flush to the rear seat pannels when the seats are down. Is this going to sound like crap because the sub is going to fire into the cabin??? Will I loose alot of SQ??? comment and suggestions are very welcome!!!!

2 things:

1. if you did it the way you described you would need some spacing to allow for proper sub movement when seats are up. this will also make passengers feels a nice back massage when riding with you!

2. From previous exsperiences, facing back or up is better than facing forward in a regualr trunk style car. I have a 4 door sedan and will be fireing my 2 12's back towards the license plate. i will have my amp behind my back seats.

* every car is diffrent, best thing to do is do exsperimenting and move and tilt the box around while playing it and notice the diffrences your self.

luke

I am kinda looking for a technical answer here. I know about the clearence for the sub and all that. I just need to know if there is going to be a huge diference before I go ahead with building the box.

I had another thought. I would do this just becuae it would be different and look cool. (this setup would also be flush to the back seat panels) 2 IDMAX 12's 1 would fire into cabin on one side of box...other side of box would be plexiglass insert so you could see the basket of the sub with a neon. visa versa on the trunk side of box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.