Need help with box for 2 soundqubeds hdc3.118

Participant count
  • Participant list
Vehicle: 2004 infinity fx35

Location in the vehicle: one seat folded down and box slid in long ways (thats what she said)

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 46 x 23 x 26

Amp make and model: Wolfram Audio W-3000.1 Class D Monoblock (3000 rms at 1 ohm)

Subwoofer make and model: Soundqubed hdc3.118 (1500 rms dual 1 ohm)

Subwoofer Size: 18 inch

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Probably aero, but open to suggestions

What type of music do you like?: Rap, hip-hop, r and b, one-hit wonders from bands like AC/DC

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: 70% SPL 30% Everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz): A sticky on this forum says anywhere from 33-38 Hz, but soundqubed's website states 31 Hz so I'm not sure.

Volume : Soundqubed's website is very lacking in specifications for this sub, hence this post, but I'm assuming 6 cubes net per sub.

Questions:

#1 Anyone have suggestions for a box design for these two subs?

#2 Ive heard MANY mixed answers on whether or not you should have a divider between two subs. My main concern is if one blew, would the other blow too? And if I'm only supply the recommended 1500 watts to each sub, how likely is it that one would blow?

#3 What size diameter on the aero port? what size length? and how does one calculate the area of a port?

#4 Here is my attempt at a box design for the subs, what do you all think? I don't have any dimensions on the port because I'm not sure what they should be.

MtmxRbo.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.