Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

Myzc

Hi everyone.

Im already using 2 P3 12 sealed box at home.

Amplifier is Behringer EP 4000.

I want to create to L-slot ported enclosure.

The question that comes to mind is the length of the question mark in the picture.

jyn6dj.png

And i need your advise for other dimensions.For max spl.

cute video.. port length depends on box air space after u subtract port area and sub disp. after u subtract those u can use this port calc it'll get u pretty close.. ad 1-2" to what it says if u want it deep.. Port Length Calculator
55liter gross volume.

2,66sub.disp.

Port dimensions

width:3cm

Length:37cm

Height:38.4cm

36,95hz tuned

55liter gross volume.2,66sub.disp.

Port dimensions

width:3cm

Length:37cm

Height:38.4cm

36,95hz tuned
wow i'm metricly challenged lol.. just make it fairly close to rec size i guess (never used car sub on ht) but if that's 1" wide and 13.6" high, port that sounds not wide enough or to tall (supposed to be no smaller than 1" to 9" ratio, i'd go 1.5" wide anyway) i would think if this is for movies u would want to be tuned lower like 30hz but if for music i'd say 36 is ok if u don't play anything below 30hz..

if 1.94cf is after wood but before sub and port disp. i get 1.49cf ad (if the 1.94 cf is outside dimensions port have to be longer but i'd say make box bigger instead) at 1.49cf a 1.5" wide x13.6"h port would need to be 25" long for 36hz (from the port calc i showed u)

you have 2 options the way i see it..

Option 1) run sealed and be happy.

Option 2) watch this video entirely, and do it right.

im guessing actual dimensions wont be a huge deal breaker for you. just ensure the air space is correct, and port length is right for your desired tuning. It is NOT as hard as people think it is!

this site has lots of free designs, but not working for me atm..

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

you have 2 options the way i see it..
Option 1) run sealed and be happy.

Option 2) watch this video entirely, and do it right.

Can you help me with the parameters of the subwoofer?

The metric and inch system are very confusing.

The box I want to make is in cubic shape and should be set between 30 and 40Hz.

Fs (Hz)27.7

Qes0.57

Qms5.60

Xmax (mm)15.9

Qts0.52

Vas (Liters)57.7

Woofer Displacement0.106 cu. ft. (3.0 Liters)

Re (Ohms)6.40

Sd (cm2)570

Sealed Box Volume (Vb)1.02 cu. ft. (28.8 Liters)

Vented Box Volume (Vb)1.79 cu. ft. (50.6 Liters)

what are you looking for? A home theatre sub design for a P3? Be careful looking for max spl... are you really wanting a burp box or daily low tune for your car (loud lows)... I'm confused

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

[/color]

what are you looking for? A home theatre sub design for a P3? Be careful looking for max spl... are you really wanting a burp box or daily low tune for your car (loud lows)... I'm confused
Hi.

Im already using 2xp3 d4 12 at hometheatre setup."Sealed Enlosure"

Poweramp is behringer ep4000.

Very very good than my old ht subwoofers."Yamaha-JBL-Definitive and more"

I want to create Slot port enclosure for music.

I want to see what the sub's do for slot port enclosure.

im not going to model up your sub, i dont have the time. but if you watch, and rewatch the important parts of that vid, you can do this your self! Its really not that hard.

If you get caught up by a parameter that dont equate to your usual measurement, google it!!

You might have to put a little leg work into this experiment, but sounds like itll be worth it!

btw, when setting parameters in Winisd, you can click on the measurement unit and it will cycle through inch, mm, etc..

Keep us posted!

You stated the "Amplifier is a Behringer EP 4000"... any idea how much power your getting at whatever load you've got it at currently?.. I'm curious what you think it's putting out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.