Need help clarifying box plan for my xfls

Participant count
  • Participant list
sundown scv1500d @ 1ohm

for the moment ill upgrade later but in torres and R.E calculator plus some other android box building program it works out to 4.7 - 4.8 cuft unless im doing something wrong..

I'd use 4" 45's in all corners... the 45 in the port bend will be different btw... single baffled correct?... I'd use 1.5" dowels top to bottom, front to rear and close up the port area slightly to 3.625".

That'll be 4.41ft3 net tuned at 31.16hz and I'd certainly go with that tune, yours was fine but if you add the 45's and dowels along with the port area/length change it is exactly what I'd build if I had a set of Xfl's sitting here and an amp upgrade on the way... 2.2K or so... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

S7moKT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now getting useto how to use torres i took recommendation i come up with this with slightly bigger port going to 3.75 width but still get back the 4.4 cuft @ 31hz hoping that be ok

Ok now getting useto how to use torres i took recommendation i come up with this with slightly bigger port going to 3.75 width but still get back the 4.4 cuft @ 31hz hoping that be ok
Check your pm's

I modeled them... not in Torres... in Winisd

I came out with 4.495cf assuming .34 sub displacement, but tuning was a bit below 30hz when you add the end correction factor (1/2 width of the port)

I don't like slot ports because of that end correction factor, that's why I stick to round ports whenever possible.

Uses port width to add length to port when a slot has common walls on box... I think I explained it right... its late... and physical port length in Torres is actual wall length... youll notice its always much shorter than port length when there's a bend... now get Kush to explain that aero port volume again... that was a signature worthy explanation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.