Need help with box and ports

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sspider
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Elite
new york
Making a ported box for my 2 (only have one right now) power hx2. here are my measurments so far.

14h x 36w x 18d = 5.25 ft3 am i right?

after displacement, we talking roughly 2.5 per sub right?\

No on to the ports, rockford give dimensions for the ports but i dont understand them.

here they are, keep in mine that they for 2.50 ft3 per sub.

they have a tuning frew for either 35, 40, or 45 hz which is better??

for the 35 it goes like this(will list that only, and if a dif is better, let me kno)

tuning freq - 35hz

f3 - 29 hz (wuts this?)

port area in sq in - 23

port length in in - 16

port area in round pvc - (2) 4"

port length - 17.8

those are it, so i have to make 2 ports with a 4", i got that, but wut length is it?

and are my dimensions g0od for the ports and stuff.

please help, thank you

rockford's instuctions are pretty well incrypted they only want dealers working on their merchandise, but from glancing at your specs they look alright, but i would not actually know for 100% unless i saw the box and the way you are building it.i would go with 35 and if you really don't know what size ports to install go ask a shop they know everything...but take the box with you to avoid any confusion

I'm making evrything to specs, volume and port size wise, but the shape is different so that it fits in the trunk.

As for the frequency, dats wut i dont kno, and the specs for the ports are given, i just dont kno wuts wut. and if my volume calculations are correct.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.