Need help with amp for sub and mids

Participant count
  • Participant list
I need to power one TypeR 12" DVC 2ohm sealed enclosure. Infinity kappa 6.5" co's in doors and 4"x6" in rear, Perfects 6.5" in kick panels. I wanna buy one brand. I bought the 5 channel soundstream Tarantula 1250w. Im returning it, not because it didn't work well, it did. I was told its 1ohm stable on sub channel and box and instructions says it isn't. Also I bought the Perfects and need to power them now too. I would go with Alpine but the 1100w amp is 1100w @ 2ohm it drops off @1ohm to 800w. Ive been on the Soundstream site and am leaning that way. I have a few questions if anyone can help... Is the Rubicon line next best to the Reference line. I would buy all Reference but Amazon only has one or two models right now. Both are too small. I am partial to buying from Amazon for many reasons. They have all the other models by Soundstream. Does anyone know about the Tarantula Nano line are they more $ just because they are small. Im probably goin to only do one of the big 3 (two runs of wire 0g for mono amp and 4g for mids to a cap and block. Should I be looking into only class D amps or is A/B ok? This makes a difference into which line I choose from as class D full range is limited. Lastly I noticed the mono amps in the Reference line were class G amps. Does anyone know the difference between D and G... 2001 Silverado I listen to mostly Rock and SQ is very important to me. I appreciate any and all help. Thx Rob

Leave soundsteam alone unless it's 1990s soundsteam. There are many good 1ohm 1000 watt amps.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Take a look at vertex Phoenix gold post here.

You don't think the new Reference line is any good. Ive heard nothing but good things about it. Found the 4ch 920w for $400 the 2ch 370w for $98 and the 500w mono class g for $158. If I do buy these 3 amps can I run one 500w mono to each voice coil? The amp is rated at 2ohms 500w. Why are people always bashing soundstream but the same people will swear by Hi fonics.. I just don't get it. I also thought some of the better amps were being built in Korea isn't Soundstream products made there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.