What amplifier(s) do I need for these Subs?

Rapidfalcon16

Tucson
I have 4 JBL W12GTi MkII

Whats the best amplifier(s) to use for these?

I don't mind spending the money if there good, right now i am thinking of getting 4 JBL GTO-1001EZ and running each one to a sub. I don't know if that's the right way. Is there a better way?

Some Specs:

Peak Power-

4000W

Nominal Impedance-

3 or 12 ohms

Frequency Response-

18Hz–1kHz ±3dB

Power Handling (RMS)-

700W

Sensitivity-

(2.83V@1m) 91dB

Thank you for the help

Dual 6's always present a bit of an issue when matching an amp.

4 separate amps would definitely not be the most efficient method.

There are two options that make sense:

Wire each pair for 1.5 ohms and look for a two mono's that are around 1500w rms at 1 ohm.

Or find a bad azs mono that can handle .75 ohms that will produce around 3kw.

You also need to plan for a high output alternator.

Hello thanks for all your help so far everyone, I'm getting a DC 300 amp idle alternator and 3 yellow top batteries if that's not enough ill get another alternator. I just need someone to tell me what Amp to get that will be the best for the subs, i dont mind spending up to $2500 on a amp or amps if that helps. I'm getting my car hush matted at the moment, i need to know what to get soon.

I would probably look for amps that can make the same power across multiple loads such as the rockford bdcp, jbl bpx, etc or maybe find a well built amp that puts out around 2k at 4 ohms and load it down to 3 ohms. I would guess an amp like the Us Amps Ax-2000 would do that. If not going a single amp I would look at a couple amps such as the ks1200.1 and run a pair to each amp wired to 1.5 ohm. If you are going for numbers then just buy a beefed up high power amp such as an Elite.1, Sundown 3500, IA 40.1, etc and load it to .75 ohm as with rise you won't be near that anyways. Don't shy away from something like Lanzar OptiDrive amps either. They have a high power amp for about every ohm load. Don't expect it to put out full rated power at

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.