Need Help with amp asap. Have a question about what frequency the amp can play.

well, i guess it could be going worse then. I just got my sq2200 back from SoundQubed again the other day, and they hooked me up with a polo since ive been having such trouble with this amp. A polo is a pittance, i know, but still a nice gesture
sonic don't have ppi p1k?

This. Unfortunately I have to stay on sonic since they conti he to screw me by not accepting my returns unless I choose the store credit option. I'd love to try the ppi 1000 and the cab but I have to stay on sonic. Sonic does guarantee the rates power to the nvx amps since that's their so called sponsored brand. The low pass filter confused me at first.
***** u can't get ppi.. let me look see what amps they got, but nvx probably good..

[quote name='Redxdesigns']Alright thanks. I most likely will get the nvx considering it has basically all the features I need. Plus the terminals are holes so my 4 gauge can actually fit[/QUOTE]
i was gonna tell u to get soundstream tn1200 cause it's same amp as mine but they don't have it either so i'll go out on a limb here and say @yahhhyahhh has the ppi 2600 not as well liked by peeps here as the p1k but he has it pushing 2 sundown E 15's says it shakes ground around his suv., and his was used he traded for it., it does 900rm @2ohms and i think someone dynoed it, i'll check.

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']i was gonna tell u to get soundstream tn1200 cause it's same amp as mine but they don't have it either so i'll go out on a limb here and say @yahhhyahhh has the ppi 2600 not as well liked by peeps here as the p1k but he has it pushing 2 sundown E 15's says it shakes ground around his suv., and his was used he traded for it., it does 900rm @2ohms and i think someone dynoed it, i'll check.[/QUOTE]

Alright, lmk if someone has dynoed it

"It has a subsonic from 10-55 I think and a low pass from 50-250. With the low pass it's lowest is 50 Hz. Does that mean it can't play frequencies let's say at 40 or 35 Hz? Not being able to play those frequencies would kind of defeat the purpose of upgrading my sub to the sundown and build a custom box. "

I don't think there's any cause for concern. The lower the frequency, the more space it needs to form the wave. The inside of your car may make it impossible to here these notes anyway. If you've ever seen people with SUV's ride around with the glass hatch open, this is why. The wavelengths can be longer than your car.

Amp specs don't always tell the whole story with regards to how well it performs. For me, I would rather buy a better amp from a manufacturer that uses high quality parts and a good design, even if the power rating was lower.

"It has a subsonic from 10-55 I think and a low pass from 50-250. With the low pass it's lowest is 50 Hz. Does that mean it can't play frequencies let's say at 40 or 35 Hz? Not being able to play those frequencies would kind of defeat the purpose of upgrading my sub to the sundown and build a custom box. "
I don't think there's any cause for concern. The lower the frequency, the more space it needs to form the wave. The inside of your car may make it impossible to here these notes anyway. If you've ever seen people with SUV's ride around with the glass hatch open, this is why. The wavelengths can be longer than your car.

Amp specs don't always tell the whole story with regards to how well it performs. For me, I would rather buy a better amp from a manufacturer that uses high quality parts and a good design, even if the power rating was lower.
This needs a response... Get in anyone's car that can slam the lows 25-35 hz and turn it up with the windows rolled up... You tell me if you can hear/feel it... this is a "Budget" system... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeOskSmcNQ ... and it's hot in Phoenix... I run the air and keep the windows up!

This needs a response... Get in anyone's car that can slam the lows 25-35 hz and turn it up with the windows rolled up... You tell me if you can hear/feel it... this is a "Budget" system... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeOskSmcNQ ... and it's hot in Phoenix... I run the air and keep the windows up!
I was just stating facts. I never said he couldn't play loud music with the windows closed. I merely implied that given the size of the car, there may not be enough room to reproduce the lowest notes. The science behind it is fairly simple.

"Sound that is perceptible by humans has frequencies from about 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. In air at standard temperature and pressure, the corresponding wavelengths of sound waves range from 17 m to 17 mm."

You need 17 meters to reproduce a 20hz signal. Its not even close, so why go after something that's not attainable.

Get a frequency sweep CD and play it in your friends car with all the windows closed. That way you can see it first hand, and not have to take anyone's word for it.

I was just stating facts. I never said he couldn't play loud music with the windows closed. I merely implied that given the size of the car, there may not be enough room to reproduce the lowest notes. The science behind it is fairly simple.
"Sound that is perceptible by humans has frequencies from about 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. In air at standard temperature and pressure, the corresponding wavelengths of sound waves range from 17 m to 17 mm."

You need 17 meters to reproduce a 20hz signal. Its not even close, so why go after something that's not attainable.

Get a frequency sweep CD and play it in your friends car with all the windows closed. That way you can see it first hand, and not have to take anyone's word for it.
I love how people go on and on about basically inaudible frequencies, in my experience those 25-35 hz notes may not SPL as high as the 40-60 hz bass but it sure is audible and visceral. Maybe the fact that I've never seen a bunch of people cruising around with windows, tailgates and hatches open doesn't mean that it does not happen somewhere. As far as "room to reproduce" goes... I'd like to let you experience this local car... it is a compact and plays to 15hz with authority. Yeah, I'ts only cabin pressure at that point , but let me tell you... you can hear it at 145+... I originally said 147+ but I'll digress... is it attainable? IDK... it was one of the most demoed rides at the last show I went to... lots of filming goin' on...

Ah ok. So it will indeed play from 20-80 if I set it at that? I just want to make sure I can play those low frequencies that I've been trying to chase. And what do you think of the amp? Good price and the dyno tells the truth about the rms wattage.
Good starting point... while playing adjust to taste... Unfortunately the dyno is not a reactive load, but you'll probably be happy at first... once bitten... most people just keep looking for more... LOL!

Good starting point... while playing adjust to taste... Unfortunately the dyno is not a reactive load, but you'll probably be happy at first... once bitten... most people just keep looking for more... LOL!
Exactly lol. My first setup was fine until I started wanting more. Gonna be heading off to college in a month so this new setup will hold me over until I'm done with it. Once I get that well paying job, upgrades galore lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.