Need help With Aero Ports!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DEAN0

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
I'm new to the car audio scene but am very interested and like having my stereo running at its peak. To start I have a 2000 extra cab tacoma which I installed a full kenwood system 6x9's in the back 5.25's in the front. I just bought a Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 along with the R500X1D amplifier. In wood shop I was given the opportunity to build a custom sub box and I want to go all out. Rockford recommends an internal volume of 1.79 cubic feet for a ported enclosure. Although I have plenty of room in the back of my truck to make a huge box (for one 12 atleast) I want it to be as efficient as possible while also being compact. I want to do an aero port as well because they're all I hear about and I think they're badass but I'm not sure what size I should go for or if I should at all. Some guidance would be much appreciated!

By four inch aero do you mean 4 inch diameter or length? How long should it be? I listen to a lot of rap.
Try Xplicitaudio.com Ultimate Car Audio app or Torres box calculator to find tuning length in your available space... a 4" diameter port ought to work well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.