Need help with a Hi/Low converter

Participant count
  • Participant list

colebone

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2016 Impala LT and adding 2 subs and 2 amps in the trunk. Both amps are 1 channel amps but I was told that I need a HI/low converter to hook up to my factory head unit. Problem is all the converters I see are either 2 channel or 4 channel so question is can I make a 2 channel converter work lor so I even need one or can I plug both amps to one?

You can use a 2 channel one and just use RCA Y cables to go from 2 to 4 outputs
Do yourself a favor and get one with a line driver built into it or you amps wont be able to put out the power there are supposed to
Bang for buck the LC line from Audio Control is a good one
The LC1i is $99 and comes with 9 volt pre outs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...
https://youtube.com/@SaabUnleashed?si=-8qdxpYY0yGzrMsL Here you go. This guy does android head unit reviews. His reviews are how I found my...
If you want 5 channels of amplification you just need 5 channels of amplification. You can do this with 5 amps or 1, depends on budget and space...

About this thread

colebone

CarAudio.com Newbie
colebone
Charlotte NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from