Speakers pop then head unit resets?

Participant count
  • Participant list

doogievlg

CarAudio.com Newbie
Haven’t turned on my audio in the car for a few years due to other projects. Today I decided to give it a shot after wiring up some new gauges. I turned on the radio and got a loud pop from the speakers then the unit reset. Tried it with USB and got the same results. When I am cycling through the source menu the beeps come though the speakers as normal.

Should also add that the speakers are Alpines that are approaching 20 years old and the Sony head unit is probably 10 years old. I plan on replacing the unit and speakers but I don’t want to face the same problems when I am done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

This will be an interesting issue to find out. Subscribed!! Are you running components? Ive had some caps blow in Passive xovers and a little...
You will need a wiring kit too so a little over budget. Depending on if you're going to build on this with an additional amp for rears and a sub...
It may be that they act like this because they are underpowered and the push to play them louder is causing the amp to clip the signal, which will...
If you can find these in your area. Id recommend these for drop ins. They play from 40Htz on up. Sound very nice on amplified power for premium...

About this thread

doogievlg

CarAudio.com Newbie
doogievlg
cincinnati
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from