Need help with 4 15s box idea and just general ideas.

Oaman5

Hey guys ive been using 2 soundqubed hds312s for awhile now, now i am tired of it and im ready to go big and maybe ill be able to hang with the big ones in my area. My goal is to atleast hit over 150 dbs which i should be able to do with 4 1200 watt 15s... My goal is to use the very back of my truck since i have bed back there and a cover over it no leaks are there so it will be perfect i plan to cut the inside of the cabin to where the box faces in the cab exo has a video on it i have the same truck a 2001 ford f150. My max demensions are Height: 18", Width: 48", and Depth: 50" but i can go over 50" if i need to. I want them to have the right amount of space so they can use there full ability. I currently have an audiopipe 3k which is a very good amp in my opinion quarter of the way up for 2 hds312s and there playing as hard as they can play and thats no boost or anything. so ill be using that amp or buying another audiopipe 3k and have them chained together. I would like to use atleast 5 cubic feet per soundqubed hds315 and i would like to be like 30 hz tuned or something like that. I may not have provided the best information but any help would be appreciated ive been waiting to do this for along time and ive finally got the chance to start this build I have a passion for Subs and amps and im ready to go comps and stuff like that so this build would be awesome as a project for me. If a picture of the truck is needed i can provide that.

Thats the thing with soundqubed subs. Low tuning not gonna give you high numbers. You'll want to do adjustable port. One for daily one for comps at whatever hz your vehicle is peaking at. Build the box first sealed, get some numbers on the termlab with a sweep and find your peak frequency. then add the port in later with one port for daily and another tuned to work spot on with your resonant peak frequency for the numbers.

you can tune to 30 hz but your never going to see 150db with that tuning, it will get dam low and move some air that's for sure though. if you wanna get some high numbers you should go 36hz and give each sub 3.5 cubes or more net, or you can make an interchangeable port

I owuldn't use the HDS315s they not a good SPL drivers. they have weak motors and a high MMS. i could get a pair of 12s as loud..

next upgrade your electrical. atleast 1 250 amp alternator and one competition battery. use the biggest wire you can to wire the power supply.

i can name a handfull of subs for cheap that will give you better results.

if your willing to do a pair of 18s with the AP 3kws the SSA audio zcon is a ****** woofer. it will pound your face in. a pair off 6kw will easily put you into the 150s id say closer to 155 with the right electrical system and tune.

they are very efficent and take a TON of power. 3k is pretty ideal and you could do 8 cubes per woofer tuned higher for burps and then put a daily port tuned lower in a smaller box to sound good.

they will be louder than hte 4 SD3 15s. they are very efficent and have a ton of linear excursion. truely IMO one of the best designes for streetbeat and spl that will sound good..(same box just a bigger longer port)

Those hds315s can get plenty loud. Many people have done good #s with them. But they certainly arent conducive to 30hz tune.

2 stronger 18s more suited to that tune might indeed be a better idea.

In all honesty i just want to get loud so you think 2 18s would be louder than 4 soundqubed hds315s? i like that idea because i want need as much box space and ill only have to buy 2 subs instead of 4 but i thought 4 15s would be louder than 2 18s because of cone area..

First three comments are crap. 30h isnt even low tuning. That's about average if u ask me. Most people tune daily 30-35hz.

4 15s on two ap3ks "6,000" watts should be able to do 150db on music in a blow thru. If you want to use sound qube go ahead and do so, they are decent budget woofers, others to look at are American bass xfl and fu audio and sundown Sa u can get Bstock on car audio bargain for a cheaper price

I honestly agree with you man my 12s are loud as crap but they want get low at all they do not like lows at all. And yeah name off some subs that you think will out do 4 15s because i think your idea is better... Right now i have the big three done all 0 gauge sky high ofc not cca wire... Stinger spv70 battery but no alternator upgrade its hard to find alternators for my truck.

In all honesty i just want to get loud so you think 2 18s would be louder than 4 soundqubed hds315s? i like that idea because i want need as much box space and ill only have to buy 2 subs instead of 4 but i thought 4 15s would be louder than 2 18s because of cone area..

Most people don't use 18s in truck beds because they don't fit good. Are you having a cover or a topper? Because without a topper 18s would be weird

I honestly agree with you man my 12s are loud as crap but they want get low at all they do not like lows at all. And yeah name off some subs that you think will out do 4 15s because i think your idea is better... Right now i have the big three done all 0 gauge sky high ofc not cca wire... Stinger spv70 battery but no alternator upgrade its hard to find alternators for my truck.
Almost any woofer can get low and sound good. It's all in the box. If your trying to play djsnt 20hz then you need to be tuned to like 28hz other wise your just going to unload trying to play that low.

Almost any woofer can get low and sound good. It's all in the box. If your trying to play djsnt 20hz then you need to be tuned to like 28hz other wise your just going to unload trying to play that low.
Man i just want to be able to be loud if you know what i mean i see people in my area driving around with 4 15s dang things are loud so i want to be loud to lol. I might wait on comps untill i go bigger than 4 15s or 2 18s so do you recommend 4 15s or 2 18s?

If you want to tune at say 34-35, then those subs will get very loud on 6k. Over 150. Id guess more like 153.

The added bonus of blowthrus is that they tend to play low regardless. Maybe because the cabin provides a bandpass effect, idk. Most blowthrus are designed as a 4th or 6th anyways. Id bet those hds are 6th order friendly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.