anybody willing to model a 4th order with 4 Sundown x 6.5's?

Jroo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Yes, I am looking at 4th order. It will port through the ski pass in my Volvo. I am looking at 4 of the x 6.5s and looking for more of flat response. Trying to get it to play roughly 70 down so I think that would mean a higher tuning on the 4th and possible closer ratios since I want it to play flatter. I am being told that 1:1 or 1:1.5 would give me the flat response but might not give me a lot of gain, so I am open to ratios. Also hearing that 1 cube common chamber sealed for x 6.5s is a good place to start and will give me a good amount of low end out of them.

Anybody willing to help me out?

They dont model too well on 4ths. Hella peaky, low spl, They look a lot better in a 6th order.
6th order with 4 might be a bit over my head. For giggles, what does the box model like in 6th order for 4 of these?

6th order with 4 might be a bit over my head. For giggles, what does the box model like in 6th order for 4 of these?
6th order rolls off at 26hz down low and rolls off 60hz up top with a dip in the mid 30s

4th order 35-45hz

ported 32-47hz tuned to 35hz

34hz to 53hz tuned to 38hz

ehuRS.jpg

Will WINISD allow you to model a 6th like this?

6obp2.gif
You guys read my mind. A 6th order just like this would be the way to go. Tune it all low and sacrifice a bit of the top end of the passband, then just hand off to a strong midbass.
Would be awesome.

lol you need proper pop up blockers along with a torrenting program like bittorent or utorrent or else its not gonna work.
Ah. Yeah I don't know what any of that means. I have adblock but tbh I don't even know what a torrent is. No worries though, if the software becomes necessary for me I'll pay for it.

Ah. Yeah I don't know what any of that means. I have adblock but tbh I don't even know what a torrent is. No worries though, if the software becomes necessary for me I'll pay for it.
its basically an older version of the bass box pro, still works and all but not as fancy as the new version, its just a trial to see if you like it or not. If you do, you legitimately buy it and to get all the updates you are missing out on. However if you do spend money, i'd go with term pro over BB pro. Comes with buying a term lab. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.