Need Help Wiring HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

drummer_punk82
10+ year member

Michigan
I just bought an Alpine 7875 from a friend and I'm having trouble hooking it up. It turns on and all that but whenever I turn the power off all my settings are lost.

This is how I have it hooked it up. The yellow wire from my Alpine("Battery Lead") is connected to the red wire to my stock wiring("+12V"). The red wire from my Alpine("Ignition/Switched power lead") is connected to the yellow wire to my stock wiring("Memory"). It's funny how it's getting power but can't save any settings... also when I turn my car off with the player still ON, it won't turn on again once I start my car up.

Help!! Any suggestions??

Yea man.. just swap them. It will work... if it doesnt just come back and we'll help you out.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think you should ever cut your stock cables for your radio. It is MUCH easier to just go out and buy a wiring harness for like $5 at Walmart, and rig it up like that. You do all your wiring in your house, then just go out and pop it in. No problems or anything. ANd also, if you ever sell your vehicle or buy a new deck, you wont have to RESPLICE all your stock wires again, just get another harness. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Easy stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Yup, that was it! It was just a matter of swapping the two wires. I'm really glad it was just that.

junocdx: I did use a wiring harness. I totally agree with you, it is smarter AND easier to simply buy a wiring harness versus cutting the stock connectors off.

Thanks for the help guys!!

Oh yeah, one more question. I'm not sure what sort of HU you own, but when I turn my HU off, all the lights on it totally shut off, it doesn't show a clock or anything. Like I said in an earlier post, it's an Alpine 7875. My other deck would still show the time, and if you had the head lights on, lights on the deck would turn on to show the buttons and stuff. The lights on my deck are on all the time. Do you think that's because of the illumination wires??

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.