Need help wiring amp with loc

Participant count
  • Participant list

Relying

CarAudio.com Newbie
I dont know much about this stuff but my friend helped me install my amp and subs and I didn't secure the amp in my trunk so some wires got unplugged and he has since moved to another state. I have a stock radio so we used a line out converter and my amp is a little old. The loc is a fierce FILC20 and there was a black and a white ac cable that unplugged from it and also 2 red wires intertwines. I'm not sure where they are supposed to go. There's also a thin blue wire that's not plugged into anything in my trunk. The last wire that got unhooked was amother thin blue wired near all of the fuses on the drivers side and it's coming from under the dash by the steering wheel. Sorry I don't know too much about all of this but I appreciate any help I can get. 

If you can post pictures of the wiring, where it is still connected on each end, that would be really helpful.  You need to understand some of what we're talking about.  visit www.bcae1.com and do some reading so you can understand your car and do your own basic wiring. 

it appears you have a loc like the top one in this pic:

bvF48B8h.jpg

The white and white/blk wires are left input, the gray and gray/blk are right input (black stripe is negative, get that correct).   These connect to the factory rear speaker wires.  if your buddy didn't secure the amp then he shouldn't be doing any wiring work - that is a trait of someone that shouldn't do installs.  That also means any connections he made are suspect.  take pics of all of them.

The red and red/black may be power and ground  - if so, i suspect red is +12V and red/blk is ground.   Maybe they are wires to ground, at least that is what the PAC SNI-35 manual states for the LOC in the pic.  https://pac-audio.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=65

The blue isn't seen in the photo, usually blue is remote turn-on output to control the amp.

Possible that thin blue wire to the driver's side was the power to the LOC or turn-on for the amp.  He probably took it to a cig lighter socket, but you need to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.