Help with Alpine I've-w535hd!

So I've had no problems with this head unit for over a year + now, I sold the vehicle which this was in to a buddy of mine, 2 weeks after having it he calls me up and tells me it randomly shuts off, then will turn on sometimes after 5 minutes..sometimes after 15 minutes.I pulled out my subs and amp I had before I sold it to him, and worked fine for 2 weeks or so. Does this both when idling and driving so bumps is clearly not the issue.

So thinking he was just nuts I witnessed it happen today, so I pulled it outta the dash and checked to make sure nothing came loose, possibly thinking maybe it happened when I pulled the rca chords etc.

So I unplugged it completely to see if it maybe just needed a refresher. Nothing, still did it.

Then I tried popping the faceplate on the side off and did a hard reset on it, same thing..did this both with it completely unplugged and with the harness still plugged in.

Checked the radio fuse both on the deck and the fuse up front and both were good.

There was no memory loss from it "randomly" shutting off.

I've read maybe a loose connection between the faceplate and pins, but that didn't make a difference pressing it in or not.

Tried wiggling wires too see and still nothing.

Opened it up to see if any capacitors were blown or what not and clean as a whistle.

Doesn't matter what the volume level is.

Sometimes it will just shut off and go to a black screen and the keys will stay lit up, sometimes it just keeps resetting itself and the alpine logo pops up and resets again, did this about 6 times in a row,

Any help will be greatly appreciated seeing as I feel bad for the kid just buying my truck and having problems. Thanks,

Not an expert by any means, but my guess is that there's a short in the switched power lead. You say all the memory functions stay, so the constant power should be good. I'd suggest running a temporary new power wire to test.

please let me know when you figure out same deck started doing it 4 days ago wiring is 100percent sound been in vehicle for 3 years .

i have   taken ohms meter to grounds all good .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xxBeaudsxx

xxBeaudsxx
Marinette Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
davedac