need help wiring a 200w 4-ch amp to my interiour speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

qmain

bmore
I need help wiring a 200w amp to my interior speakers.

I have a P4400 Pioneer HU with two pre outs. One for the subwoofer and the other for the interior speakers. I have a 2-ch 600w kenwood amp powering a 12' infinity sub and i'm all set with the sub.

My problem is that the sub' drowns the interior 6 1/2 infinity speakers which have very good tweeters.

I have a 4-ch, 200w Acoustic amp that i want to hook up to my interiour speakers.

I tried splitting several wires on the ADAPTER as directed but my HU kept cutting off but the subwoofer remained on.

I'm working with 2 grey wires (+ve & -ve) 2 greens, 2 whites, 2 violets. I know these are the wires i need to mess around with but i'm not sure how to go about it.

I also dont know at what point to connect to the speakers or if i need to pull any additional wires from the HU/ Adapter.

I did the subwoofer myself and i would really like to do the interior speakers too. I,m working on a 1998 JETTA

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

The 4 pairs of wires are for your speakers. Depending on where you mount the amp you will either need to extend them or better yet just run new speaker wires (16-12 gauge) from the amp to the speakers. It will sound much better. If you don't want to run new wires then look at your owners manual for wiring diagrams.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.