Need help walling 2 18s in a truck

I just noticed that its 25 gross, not net. Ya a 4th would cut it close. You could absolutely do like a 1:1 or small ratio, which will sound great, but wont be as loud as a flat wall

Yeah i probably wont mess with a 4th now that i think about it. I was thinking about dojng a shell of 2x4s with expansion foam behind that and then doing a doubke layer of mdf for the walls and doing 3-4 baffles plus a faceplate. Is that gonna cut too much of my depth? I only have like 22-24 inches of depth from the seat to the back of the cab to play with

Yeah i probably wont mess with a 4th now that i think about it. I was thinking about dojng a shell of 2x4s with expansion foam behind that and then doing a doubke layer of mdf for the walls and doing 3-4 baffles plus a faceplate. Is that gonna cut too much of my depth? I only have like 22-24 inches of depth from the seat to the back of the cab to play with
seriously wood not do mdf for your wall. 11 layered sanded ply is a much lighter and stronger choice of wood.

11 layer sanded ply? Is that like birch?
the so called 60 dollar a sheet birch from home depot, yeah thats just sanded pine with a birch thin layer of veneer but double the cost.

11 layered sanded pine is 30 dollars a sheet without the stupid veneer. super strong super light.

Like Jeff said, plywood is better.

I don't go to home depot though. I get the real birch, not pine with a layer of veneer.

What IS the approximate weight savings over MDF?.. I think 3/4" MDF is almost 100 lb a sheet, what does a sheet of 3/4" birch weigh approximately?.. if I ever change up and go bigger I would like most of the extra weight in the subs... LOL!

Is it going to make a huge difference going with pine rather than birch?
No clue. I don't use pine

What IS the approximate weight savings over MDF?.. I think 3/4" MDF is almost 100 lb a sheet, what does a sheet of 3/4" birch weigh approximately?.. if I ever change up and go bigger I would like most of the extra weight in the subs... LOL!
Nowhere near 100 pounds, lol

I had 23 cubes net for my 2 18" 4th order. Don't think you will have enough.
MDF is 96 pounds a sheet.
OK... then how much does 3/4 birch plywood weigh?... I know it's less... but not how much... just curious...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.