Need help walling 2 18s in a truck

majorpker984

Ames, IA
Hey guys this will be my first wall. Right now im doing just under 150, last comp i did 149.95 @ 45hz, chasing that 150+ daily. This is going in a 1999 dodge dakota extended cab. Im putting in 2 psi p2 18s. Wanting to be a daily music truck, thinking about tuning to 32-30. I have the dimensions 55w x 40h x 23d to play with. Or 25 cubes gross to play with before baffles and bracing and box/sub displacement. Would love any help!

I forget, are you wanting to be legal for competitions in a low class, or do you just want as loud as possible daily?

If you want to compete, you can't use plywood in front of the B pillar and can't use a stripper pole unless you want to try extreme. Are you going to put your batteries and amps in the bed?

I forget, are you wanting to be legal for competitions in a low class, or do you just want as loud as possible daily?
If you want to compete, you can't use plywood in front of the B pillar and can't use a stripper pole unless you want to try extreme. Are you going to put your batteries and amps in the bed?
you can use plywood as long as your stock head liner is able to come back on and cover it. I got that cleared with a db drag judge.

Why is there a rule on which wood to use?! That's the most dumbest thing I've heard/seen.
he's talking about vehicle mods and bracing. no one is preventing people from using plywood to build, you are reading it wrong.

you can use plywood as long as your stock head liner is able to come back on and cover it. I got that cleared with a db drag judge.

he's talking about vehicle mods and bracing. no one is preventing people from using plywood to build, you are reading it wrong.

Nah, maybe he worded it weird to make it look like plywood is against the rules.

Sorry for the late reply guys, im just wanting to be as loud as possible. The meter is nice to see what your doing but i just enjoy giving demos. Was maybe wanting to do whatbyou did Adulbrich with wood and stripper pole on the roof. Im gonna strip the whole interior

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Im on 2 nendo 2200's strapped @ 1 ohm.

Plywood and a stripper pole did wonders for me.
I'm mounting my amps between the front seats on my next build
Mine are currently mounted behind my front seat on the bottom of the box. You think with the wall they will be ok if i put in rubber spacers?

Do you think i have enough room for a 4th order?
Barely. Don't try to squeeze a 4th order like I did though.

A thicker flat ported wall would be better than a 4th order with less material if you're trying to get as much volume as possible. Plus, you'll have more room with a flat wall to add a long port with enough port area. You'd have extra room to make everything overkill braced and solid. You would also be able to more easily tweak tuning.

Mine are currently mounted behind my front seat on the bottom of the box. You think with the wall they will be ok if i put in rubber spacers?
Removing your center console and building a rack would be better for the amps. However, my Ampere 125.4 has survived 2 years of being mounted to walls. It's up to you though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.