Need Help on build!

Participant count
  • Participant list

blakesommers77

So I just finished building a sealed box for a 1993 Nissan Hardbody, the box stretches all the way across the back, and I have 1 12 inch kicker comp in it right now with a alpine m500 powering it, it sounds good, but I was just curious if it would be better to leave the one in there or put the second sub in, I am just curious about airspace, will post pics if needed.

that box is huge for one sub...is that sealed or ported? If sealed i bet it gets down low and I'm sure it has suspension issues...LOL don't worry we will get you on track.

Dimensions are 48x6x15 which is 2.6 cubic feet, kicker recommends 1.25 cubic feet per sub, so I should be safe with two right? Actually is louder than the setup I used to have which was the 2 12's in individual boxes which had .69 cubic feet lol, so this is a HUGE improvement... literally... and No suspension issues the box is built really well and perfectly air tight.

-thanks for all the help so far!

~Blake Sommers

I didn't double check your math, but if your right om the air space then yes run two subs. If you were pushing the sub hard you would more then likely bottom out the sub do to such a large enclosure..

Will it distort on the lowend? Or just not hit as hard, Most of the Music I listen to is pretty low...
It won't distort and it will hit harder. He was only meaning the q of the box will be shifted slightly higher but you will not notice that. You'll be JUST fine.

It won't distort and it will hit harder. He was only meaning the q of the box will be shifted slightly higher but you will not notice that. You'll be JUST fine.
Exactly...lol

basically what all this means is you will like your setup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.